Priting question.

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been taking photographs for almost a year now,Ive never had any of my shots printed because didnt really have any that were good enough.Now I think I have some decent shots and Id like to see them printed but I dont know what would be the best wy to do this!I cant order my prints online because I dont have a credit card and I probably never will,so do I put my shots onto disc and bring them into a store like jessops and have them print them?Or do I print them on my home printer which is only a Lexmark z735?I have seen a canon printer in shops Maybe I should save up and buy one of them.

You can do it either way.

Printing at home is convenient...but it may take a fair bit of work to get everything calibrated and set up correctly. Well, that depends on how picky you are as well. Get some photo paper and try it out...if you like the results, then go for it.

I sometimes print at home. I have a Canon Photo printer and I use Canon Photo Paper. However, by the time you figure in the cost of ink & paper...it's not really cheaper than getting them printed at a shop. 4x6 prints are especially cheap at most places. Just put your shots onto a disc or even back onto your memory card and go into a lab or even a drug/department store. Many places have do-it-yourself kiosks where you insert your disc/card and pick which shots to print.

well, if you only print once in a while, printing at home is too expensive

for say 4 images a month it is cheaper getting them printed elsewhere.

I do not have a printer either.

Hi Chris. There are many good printers around these days and VERY cheap to boot. If you want to print a fare few images then have a look at the offers on printers. If it is just the odd one then the high street (Jessops, Tesco, even local chemists) are trying to mug you right now ....

only when you print large size like 8x10....you can benefit from a home printer.....otherwise......would be more economical to do it at store

Most reactions

Back