Private Messaging

Sark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondered how the PM system works. I've had access to it before, but now it's gone. If I click a link via the FAQ's page I just get the page below...Please note: I am a registered member and logged in.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm

Has the PM function been temporarily disabled, or is it only available under certain conditions.

Thanks

Sark

Not sure I understand the problem....I clicked on the link and it brought up the template for sending someone a PM, which is what you wanted. :confused:

Yes, it's a new anti-spam measure that we have put into place. New members are not initial given access to the PM option.

Don't worry, it's not personal. :D

Fair enough. As long as I know it's not my system.... Is there a page that highlights the new regulations?

Cheers

Sark

Yes could we please be told the number of posts we need to be a able to pm.

Also I have noticed that whilst I can't pm I can still e-mail members who allow e-mails from members of the forum.

I know I have not been here that long so there might be a time limit as well as a posting limit - but 230 posts and the pm section is still not active for me.
I just wonder if something might have gone amiss

well, a limit above 200 is a bit too high, maybes something went wrong?

some people do not reach 200 after a year ...

But then again, you've only been a member for a week, so maybe that's the problem? Maybe there's an 8+ day membership requirement

I know I have not been here that long so there might be a time limit as well as a posting limit - but 230 posts and the pm section is still not active for me.
I just wonder if something might have gone amiss

Seriously??? That's not right!

I was thinking it was like, 10 posts that you had to have...or something like that...I can't remember. I have to run to work, if someone doesn't look into it for you, I'll try and remember to find out tonight.

*edit* it might be a time limit, like Anti said. I know I should know this since I'm a mod, but I simply can't remember right now.

to stop spamming, 10posts before PMing sounds reasonable.

something like 10ish posts and a weeks membership sounds like the sort of limits that might be in use - just wanted to makes sure it was not broken

something like 10ish posts and a weeks membership sounds like the sort of limits that might be in use - just wanted to makes sure it was not broken

maybe it is ... so lets see what they tell us later.

broken things can be repaired though :)

Most reactions

Back