private property

ryan7783

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out early this morning (6 AM) and just kept driving until I saw something. I came upon this scene that I could see from the road so I pulled into the little road, parked near the entrance and walked about 20 yards until I got close enough to get a decent shot.

DSC_3146-1.jpg

about 10 minutes into my picture taking, I hear a truck pull up behind me. I turned around and the man had parked it behind my car blocking me. I guess so I couldn't run. I walked up to the passenger side of his truck and he basically told me to get the **** off the land or the old man who owned it would have my ass thrown in lock up. I apologized for trespassing (I hadn't seen any signs when I parked), packed up my stuff, and left.

Here's another one
DSC_3127.jpg

Last edited:
Well I really like those pictures. Too bad the guy was such a jerk. I dont understand why people cant be nice to start off with, and then if your a jerk to them. Then be rude and inconsiderate, they just start off that way from the beginning.

Just being straight up, these have some very significant color and exposure issues. Very yellow on the first one, and obviously the sun coming right at you made the exposure kind of challenging, though the effect is interesting... probably just a bit of correction and it will work out.

The second one is dark, but a neat idea. I might have pushed the starting point for the fence a bit to the left in the frame. Also, a good idea might be to check out something called hyperfocal focusing... this is basically focusing to infinity and then pulling it back just a bit so that the fence in front of you would also have been in focus. Colors seem a bit off on this one too.

Nice ideas and good eye, though. Just need a bit of work on some of the technical aspects and I think you'll pull off some neat shots. I look forward to seeing more.

Just being straight up, these have some very significant color and exposure issues. Very yellow on the first one, and obviously the sun coming right at you made the exposure kind of challenging, though the effect is interesting... probably just a bit of correction and it will work out.

The second one is dark, but a neat idea. I might have pushed the starting point for the fence a bit to the left in the frame. Also, a good idea might be to check out something called hyperfocal focusing... this is basically focusing to infinity and then pulling it back just a bit so that the fence in front of you would also have been in focus. Colors seem a bit off on this one too.

Nice ideas and good eye, though. Just need a bit of work on some of the technical aspects and I think you'll pull off some neat shots. I look forward to seeing more.

Well I actually manipulated the exposure AND the color in both to look exactly like what they look like. I used color fading to achieve the "color issues". My intentions were for them to look just as they look right now....blurry fence and all. So although I appreciate you being honest, these came out exactly as I wanted them to. :thumbup:

I will look into hyperfocal focusing though. thanks for the tip

i like them! i've come across scenes like this that one may think - ooh w/b off or whatnot... but it actually was the bazaar colors as seen! ...messes w/your eyes and pp! good captures --- i believe this IS what you saw. nice job! cat

That's a shame! I love the first photo. The lighting looks perfect!
Lately, i've realized more and more that old people like to be mad about certain things. They like to stew on it. (I hope i didn't offend saying that. Just my opinion based off experiences.)

You should try to go back sometime only try to contact them ahead of time. Maybe if they have a say in it they will be a bit more lenient on letting you shoot even if it is for only 15 minutes.

I'd suggest straightening the first image.

check your eyes ;)

the tree is leaning because...well because it's a tree some sometimes they lean.

the house is leaning because it's old and sometimes old things sag...ask my grandma

the grass in front of the hay rolls is crooked because the grass is growing at different heights since apparently the yard to the very right was cut recently so it's shorter than the area where it wasn't cut.

and the landscape to the left is crooked because it's actually a hill.

I suppose if I wanted to tilt the photo to make everything LOOK straight, I could...there....I fixed it for ya.

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words.

Tirediron, sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk.

I'd love the first one if the backhoe were not there; sorta spoils the shot for me. (what, ya couldn't move it? :mrgreen:)

The fence...I'd like it more if the foreground fence were in focus. Also, the sky is just blah. Really like the fence lines, though.

Jon

Most reactions

Back