Pro Body question

All Professional ever has meant is you pay more for it and thus probably want to use it daily and it can keep up with that sort of treatment better than less expensive cameras..

Trucly it does not matter as I have pro friends that shoot incredible stuff with a disposable camera...

Thou if its water proof - dust proof and over 5 grand I would never thinking of buying it unless I was going to Make money with it...

hey now! i have a d5000 and i must say ive seen some pretty amazing things come from this cam. i think its more the photographer...

Pro pictures and Pro gear are two very different things. Sure the pictures may look great, but take a D5000, and take a D3 and drop them both from a height of about 1m. Then see which one is still taking pictures after.

Quite simply Pros are the ones who abuse them. It's the Pros who depend on their gear whether they are using it in a blizzard in Antarctica, at the mouth of a bubbling volcano, tracking through a jungle at 100% humidity, or photographing a heated wedding knowing full well if you don't get the picture Mrs Bridezilla will tear your nipples off.

Designed to be modular = viewfinders - focus screens - winders - film backs - other addon accessories

Modularity was a big thing for Pro cameras.

Still is. I don't see multiple focusing screens listed as accessories for Nikon cameras for anything other than D3, D2x, or D2h. Sure aftermarket ones are available for the D200 and others but the point is still the same.

Im am curious. I was reading a website today and they labeled a canon 20d as a professional camera. Now agree that the use of the camera defines the label. But come on... What really defines a Professional. I recently picked up a d300. Now this by all mean can be used to achieve professional results but it falls more into a Semi-pro category.. I guess my question is this.....

What really defines a Professional camera?
Specs or how it is used?
I see people doing shoots with a rebel or d60 and have to wonder about this!??!

Input please....

To me that 20D falls in semi-pro category. For Canon's I would consider all Rebel series as a straight consumer cameras. Cameras made for people who would like to step up from P&S cameras. From Rebel all the way to 1D series cameras considered semi-pro (IMO) and 1D series are pro.
Yeah, in the hands of the pros a low and camera can produce a great image but that is not it. It wouldn't be fair to say 1D or Rebel same thing as long as it is in the hands of a pro...

Most reactions

Back