pro camera for a beginner

P mode is just a little freer auto mode, for starting a camera with shutter, aperture priority with manual mode is good. Old cameras can be good even it is 10 years old largel sensor pixel size is better against some type of noise.
You can shoot good pictures even with 6-12 Mps cameras, because they have way larger sensors than point and shoots.
If you need wifi in it there are sd cards with wifi support so you do not need cabels, but I never used them.
To medium-short range 18-55mm kit lens are OK, if not buy an additional telephoto with 55-200mm.
They have the tipical portrait, smallmountainicon and auto modes as well.

As someone who recently bought a cheap 400-500 camera and even at this level, this thing has more options, with 4K vid and raw stills that I was close to being overwhelmed. It took a lot of reading and effort to raise MY abilities up to reach those of this camera and it's NOTHING like what some of the guys here have. That tells me, there is a lot that I don't even know that I don't know.....gabish?

If they tell you to aim lower, they are doing you a favor!

jeff

BTW- I would find out first whether you want it to fit in your pocket or are you willing to drag a case everywhere you go? It makes the rest of the decision easy once you know the physical format you want.

A very good beginners camera is Nikon D3300 or D3400, its designed for beginners and has menus that design to help people like you, there is a lot of information to help you with your first steps.
Buy one of these two cameras and start learning the basics of photography, basically how to shoot outside the Auto mode, learn to use camera in Aperture, Shutter Speed and Manual and learn whats ISO, After you master that learn the basics of composition.
If you want one with flip screen then Nikon D5500 or D5600 will be the cameras for you.
I'd even skip a step, just buy the D3300 or 3400 body with the 35mm prime f1.8g lens separate, it doesn't zoom, that way you'll be forced to zoom with your feet and move around to get the frame you want; 2 birds stoned at once and you end up with one of the greatest and fast budget pieces of glass Nikon has ever created

As someone who recently bought a cheap 400-500 camera and even at this level, this thing has more options, with 4K vid and raw stills that I was close to being overwhelmed. It took a lot of reading and effort to raise MY abilities up to reach those of this camera and it's NOTHING like what some of the guys here have. That tells me, there is a lot that I don't even know that I don't know.....gabish?

If they tell you to aim lower, they are doing you a favor!

jeff

BTW- I would find out first whether you want it to fit in your pocket or are you willing to drag a case everywhere you go? It makes the rest of the decision easy once you know the physical format you want.

yes, size matters !
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

Back