Pro Canon or Nikon DSLR??

• Total voters

fido dog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK.....

Most of the guys I shoot with in the horse world use Nikon D1X's and a couple of D2X's. A couple use Canon EOS1 MKII or MKIII. I have always been a Canon person because that's just what I learned on and trust. No other reason. If I had learned on Nikon, I would be shooting Nikon.

I would like to hear what YOU shoot and why. To me both are great cameras. To me it just seems like the old Ford & Chevy deal. ;)

So.....what are your thoughts and experiences??:)

I really like Canon. I'm no pro, but the lenses to me are much nicer and the feel is great.
I'm sure I'd do fine with Nikon as well. I held a Nikon D70 before and it feels way more solid and thick than my Canon...and I like the shutter sound better...lol.(I know, stupid)..but seriously, they're not that much different other than names for features and how you access them...

OT just for a sec.......
Sideburns, I have made thousands off my 300D. To me it's the Indian....not the Arrow.;)

You got a 350D......I couldn't afford one when they came out. The D1X guys are now very impressed with my 30D...hehe!

i shoot nikon for two main reasons:

CLS and the control layout just makes more sense to me.

Nikon: 1st slr was a FM2n, then F4s, then D70, and now a couple of D200's. The lens collection started early and they all work with every Nikon i own. The controls are similar enough across them that the learning curve with a new body is fairly short.

Well folks.....We're at 50/50 for at the polls.....LOL!!

Nikon
I shaped comparative models up and....the Canon offering was clearly....for girls.

I could wear fishnets, blusher and 10 inch heels no problemo, but I cant hold a Canon dslr....:confused:

:mrgreen:

Nikon
I shaped comparative models up and....the Canon offering was clearly....for girls.

I could wear fishnets, blusher and 10 inch heels no problemo, but I cant hold a Canon dslr....:confused:

:mrgreen:
Careful Joxby.....the Canon guys might pimp you out! :lmao::greenpbl:

I agree about the Ford & Chevy comparison. (Although anybody that's ever done bush work knows that a Ford will be towing out a stuck Chevy every time!:D Boy howdy could I tell some stories!)

But for me it's got to be Canon. I watched James Natchwey use one in War Photographer and that same week I bought my first Canon. A good ol' 35mm Rebel XT. And then after that I bought the Elan 7NE. And now I'm just waiting on my 40D (get's here Saturday). And so far no regrets whatsoever.

My girlfriend is a Nikon girl though, and I have to admit, they're nice cameras too.

"Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll"

*sigh*

I still have a Canon film SLR, but I shoot a Nikon DSLR.

How does that work in the poll?

"Warning, Warning Will Rodgers"

I've always liked the cool techie features nikon tries to incorporate into their cameras (ie. remote control via computer by usb.) Canon seems to be just the simple, straight forward quality where nikon, IMO has more features plus great quality.

But if someone bought me a canon MKIII i'd gladly use it :D

I've always liked the cool techie features nikon tries to incorporate into their cameras (ie. remote control via computer by usb.) Canon seems to be just the simple, straight forward quality where nikon, IMO has more features plus great quality.

But if someone bought me a canon MKIII i'd gladly use it :D
Where the heck have you been!?!? Both offer WiFi wireless transfer. AND I have a remote (infrared) for my old 300D. I wish I could vote again.....hehe:mrgreen:
I like the D2X, but I can't afford one....period.

I'd sell my dog for a MKIII tho.......:hail:

Most reactions

Back