Pro Canon or Nikon DSLR?

Pro Canon or Nikon DSLR??

• Total voters
Well, not Pro, but I'm with Canon because I grew up with the control layout and my brain adapted the pattern a decade ago ;)

I tell people all the time about the "Ford/Chevy" thing (personally I drive a Nissan Titan...but, that's another topic).

I shoot Nikon. I love the feel, weight, ease of control, smell... blah, blah, blah. But frankly I bought it mostly because of the name. I felt that Nikon was respected among pros for the durability and functionality, plus I see a lot of photojournalist with them around their necks. To be honest, I never tried a Cannon. Wait; I take that back. After I got my D70, I was shooting a musical theater production of some such play, and an actor friend asked me to take some shots with his Digital Rebel. I couldn't figure that thing out. I thought things were backwards. All I wanted to do was to turn off the flash!

I started out with an old school Minolta 9000 film camera and I loved the feel of the battery pack and portrait shutter button on the side. I had to re-live that with my second DSLR. I moved from the D70 to the D200 (with battery pack) last year; and when I grow up... I'll probably go for the new D3. But buy the time I can afford it... it's gonna be a D14!

If anyone has a friend at Nikon that's giving away demo D3's... I'm willing to test drive it for a few years.

I prefer the feel and layout of the Nikon cameras. Also, I'm with Switch on this one, the flash system is amazing!

definitely like the feel of the nikon better. a little weighty so you know you arent holding a tonka toy. as far as difference in performance i have not seen a difference

I'm using a Canon 350D at the moment.

BTW, I couldn't vote on this poll, can someone say why? Maybe I need a certain number of posts before I can vote?

a little weighty so you know you arent holding a tonka toy.

Well most Canon cameras are very heavy .. I always had the feeling that the Nikons are lighter. That for me as a frequent traveller would even speak for Nikon ;)

PENTAX FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Well most Canon cameras are very heavy .. I always had the feeling that the Nikons are lighter. That for me as a frequent traveller would even speak for Nikon ;)

well i guess my comment would mostly apply to the d40 vs rebel debate, i love the feel of the d100 and d200...

The 350D is an old camera in digital terms, its not fair to compare it with a d40, originally the competition was 350D v D70, D70 being markedly bigger and heavier.
The same number of peeps could have chosen either, just on a size/weight preference.
Thankfully the Euro market was never subjected to a ridiculously named Rebel XT camera, instead it was a 350D, and probably sold more without the stupiest stupidest name I've ever heard.
I mean....what is that.....its a camera not a supersoaker kids gun.
I'm not anti 350D, its a great camera and really superb value then and now, but they must be targeting a different demographic in the US to market it as an offroad vehicle/motorbike/scateboard/.......shotgun.

Realize that the people naming the cameras are the same as the ones who brought us "All your base are belong to us..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back