Pro crop d500

Okay folks, let's relax a bit here. If you like Leica, you like Leica; if you like Nikon, you like Nikon. Whatever... I don't try and convince others that my beliefs are the way to go, because I know they feel just as strongly about their own. The discussion at hand is on the Nikon D500. Let's keep it there.

That said, I am very seriously considering adding one of these to my stable. It seems like an event shooter's dream at what I consider a bargain price!
I wonder why you are saying that.
I am getting slwly into more serious event photography and to me it looks like 2 FX cameras will be better then FX and DX.
As good in low light as the D500 probably is its still not FX low light good.
DX crap factor isnt a plus in events.
To me it looks like combination of D750 main camera and D610 as second sounds like a sweet one two punch for event photography.
Of course the D5 will be even better but then when taking into account budget I think D750 and D610 is pretty close to perfect.

Okay folks, let's relax a bit here. If you like Leica, you like Leica; if you like Nikon, you like Nikon. Whatever... I don't try and convince others that my beliefs are the way to go, because I know they feel just as strongly about their own. The discussion at hand is on the Nikon D500. Let's keep it there.

That said, I am very seriously considering adding one of these to my stable. It seems like an event shooter's dream at what I consider a bargain price!
I am getting slwly into more serious event photography and to me it looks like 2 FX cameras will be better then FX and DX.
To me it looks like combination of D750 main camera and D610 as second sounds like a sweet one two punch for event photography.
Of course the D5 will be even better but then when taking into account budget I think D750 and D610 is pretty close to perfect.

In a later post, he mentioned sporting events and nearly limitless buffer. I guess it really depends on the kind of event, and you can't ignore all the features. Some people pohoo features until they have them. Is D610 known to have a great af system? Sounds like the D500 will.

In a later post, he mentioned sporting events and nearly limitless buffer. I guess it really depends on the kind of event, and you can't ignore all the features. Some people pohoo features until they have them. Is D610 known to have a great af system? Sounds like the D500 will.

Ah, you are right of course, it depends what event you are covering, for me events means the regular birthdays, weddings, bar/bat mitzva.....etc to those sports camera with awesome AF and huge buffer is not so important (unless the groom gets smart and runs away from bride and I am there with AF on AF-C blazing after him LOL).

I shot events for years printing on site through 2 dye sub printers and one of the best cameras for this was the Canon 10D

You're right of course; the crop factor is definitely a detriment, but that can be overcome with wider glass. A top-notch AF system, combined with what I suspect will be field-leading high-ISO capability, and the 200 frame buffer all add up to a pretty attractive package IMO. Of course a D5 will spank it silly in all of those categories, but, at 3x the price... everything is relative.

A limey, 3 Canucks, and a bunch of US Americans walk into a photography forum....

It already sounds stupid,doesn't it?

But I like it.

Geezus,politically correct penguin terms now?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !!!!!!!

Sorry, was just catching up on this thread and had flashbacks to the third grade :801:

Canadians is Americans too. WAAAAAAYYYYY Northern ones though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back