Pro In The Making!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveWrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In an old village, near the hills of Dartmoor.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well i have had the dslr for a month now, i have a couple of filters, good bag, remote, tripod.
What im trying to say is, i have got the kit - it cant be that hard to reach the next level can it, ie pro? I am already thinking of setting up my own website and a couple of people have told me how great my shots are, so surely this is how it starts?!
I know this is a very hot topic, but i reckon i can be paid for this hobby. I mean, photoshop can always bale you out can't it?
Anyway, please reply with any good tips to set me on my way.

:lol: lol dude, i thought i told you it wasn't a good idea to start a thread like this!!... great now im gonna have to lock my own best mates thread :lmao:

eeek....helmets on.

hmm best advise I can give is that you go ghost shoot with Arch for a few months - get some real world experiences whilst your neck is not on the block and someone elses is ;)

There are many different ways to be a 'pro' photographer...what did you have in mind?

If you are thinking of doing any 'live coverage'...then you will need to have good sturdy equipment and back-up equipment as well. If you are a pro, you are expected to get the job done, even if your gear stops working for whatever reason.

I don't want to be a 'gear snob' and say that you need pro level gear to be a pro...but to a trained eye, there can be a big difference between a photo taken with a cheap lens and a photo taken with a high quality lens. I don't know what you have or what you want to shoot, so I can't comment further about this.

To many people, part of being a 'pro'...is actually carrying yourself and dealing with people in a professional manor. This is something that often comes with experience but some people are a lot better at it than others, regardless of experience.

Well i have had the dslr for a month now, i have a couple of filters, good bag, remote, tripod.
What im trying to say is, i have got the kit - it cant be that hard to reach the next level can it, ie pro? I am already thinking of setting up my own website and a couple of people have told me how great my shots are, so surely this is how it starts?!
I know this is a very hot topic, but i reckon i can be paid for this hobby. I mean, photoshop can always bale you out can't it?

I think your patience is key here.... most aspiring pro's only wait two weeks after getting their gear to become pro... you've proven that your "in for the long haul" by waiting a full month....

most of those people that only waited two weeks don't even know that wrapping your battery in tin foil will double the amount of exposures you get...

good on ya!

:addpics:
(just wanted to use the new emoticon (sp?))

Having good gear and knowing what to do with it don't always go hand-in-hand. Let us see some of your work.

Ok, if this isn't a joke, I want to point out... You don't have "the kit" if you only have the "kit" lens.... You didn't mention anything about having additional lenses....

Seriously, this is worded like the OP is making a joke. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back