problem sorted! my latest wedding

have finished editing and ended up with 170... i took about 400 but doubled up on most. might post a couple of my little pageboy and flowergirl later tonight. x thanks again for the nice comments

I think you did an amazing job, but number 4 doesn't do anything for me, but my comments are not from a professional level. But as for the others simply beautiful.

THANKS EVERYONE. ALWAYS APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK, ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THIS NICE! xx...
MY NEXT WEDDING IS IN AUGUST ON DAYDREAM ISLAND..... CAN'T WAIT.. I AM OBSESSED xx

Jemmy, lemme guess. The couple was VERY pleased with the wedding pics? I don't see how they couldn't be. Outstanding work. Love 'em all but particularly No. 4 . Great job of balancing fill and ambient. Love checking out the progress in your work. Keep it up.

thanks for making my week guys...

Jemmy, lemme guess. The couple was VERY pleased with the wedding pics? I don't see how they couldn't be.... Well, I was pretty thrilled with the whole lot from my little sisters wedding...Then on Sunday (after gluing myself to the computer for a solid week hoping to get them done for when they came back from their honeymoon!!) I went down and gave her the proof folder. Obviously no charges involved... i'm not into charging family - more than happy for good old-fashioned appreciation. So she looked fairly quickly through the album made a few comments like "they're nice and "I look huge!" (what the??????) then put it down and didnt look through it again all afternoon. Hurt a bit, well hurt a crap-load actually, considering the amount of work i had put into it and the fact that I think technically they were some of my best. Anyway, I'm sure she liked them but I guess I just would have liked to see cart-wheels?!

So thanks seriously for all of your kind comments. Appreciate it always xxx

I did a casual on location portrait shoot, a TFP at that, about a month ago with Brandi, a friend of mine, who by the way absolutely loved the images and even commented "if you were able to get me to love my images then you did a great job."

So all fine and dandy right. Well her mother is looking at them and starts nit-picking the heck out of them and in the end was "yeah, they're nice."

Needless to say, Brandi was so intimidated by her mother's comments that she started to sway on whether she liked them or not. I was a little miffed at the whole thing since I knew Brandi liked images and not to mention it was FREE shoot for her.

I guess it's the nature of the beast. We put our best work forward and they love 'em or hate 'em.

In the end I was satisfied because I was able to get some portfolio content and walk away with some new pose and lighting ideas.

So Jemmy I understand the "hurting a crap-load" but keep on pressing on. You are doing wonderful.

P.S. By the way Brandi is 26 with an overly controlling mother. :)

I did a casual on location portrait shoot, a TFP at that, about a month ago with Brandi, a friend of mine, who by the way absolutely loved the images and even commented "if you were able to get me to love my images then you did a great job."

So all fine and dandy right. Well her mother is looking at them and starts nit-picking the heck out of them and in the end was "yeah, they're nice."

Needless to say, Brandi was so intimidated by her mother's comments that she started to sway on whether she liked them or not. I was a little miffed at the whole thing since I knew Brandi liked images and not to mention it was FREE shoot for her.

I guess it's the nature of the beast. We put our best work forward and they love 'em or hate 'em.

In the end I was satisfied because I was able to get some portfolio content and walk away with some new pose and lighting ideas.

So Jemmy I understand the "hurting a crap-load" but keep on pressing on. You are doing wonderful.

P.S. By the way Brandi is 26 with an overly controlling mother. :)

Ya, the overly controlling mother thing is a killer sometimes! Do whatever you can to blow them away when they see the proofs. Sometimes, all they are looking for is a few unique ones where you used a gaussian blur and some blending or maybe some with a diffuse glow or selective coloring. It all depends on their expectations and what their individual tastes are.

You have nothing to feel bad about Jemmy.

Most reactions

Back