Problem with color

kami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a photoshoot with a friend of mine. There were no problems with the photos except this one. Everytime she would view it on her computer, it would turn greenish. But the other pics came out great! I opened this same pic on 2 different computers with no problems. I'm kinda confused why this would be. Any thoughts?

31copy.jpg

Sounds like her version is corrupted somehow. I had a bad USB card once that would give all the image files on it half red and half blue tinting.

I like the picture though, would have like to have seen her chin up a bit more though.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I like it alot!

I see lots wrong with it, but all that counts is that the photographer that took it likes it.

kami, does you friend have a calibrated computer monitor? Do you? If not, it doesn't help trying to figure out what's going on.

I don't think she has a calibrated computer. She's only 14. I know I don't have a calibrated computer. lol. She likes the pics, the only thing with this pic is that it has a green tinge when she opens just this pic and I'm just baffled why just this 1 picture.

I'll post a few pics of her, hold on.

Here's a few pics from the photoshoot. While I'm here, I might as well get slammed with any C&C! I know I need to improve. I'm really new to photography, I just point and shoot basically without much thinking about my shots. I only shoot for friends which I really love since there's no pressure for me, (and free for them!) haha!

8acopy.jpg

11copy.jpg

4copy-1.jpg

38copy.jpg

So does it get a greenish tint, or does it turn like neon green like the image is corrupt or not displaying correctly?

Here's a few pics from the photoshoot. While I'm here, I might as well get slammed with any C&C! I know I need to improve. I'm really new to photography, I just point and shoot basically without much thinking about my shots. I only shoot for friends which I really love since there's no pressure for me, (and free for them!) haha! [/IMG]

I like the first one, she has a good pose, and I like the lighting. You have flowers in her hands but half cut her hand off though.

Second one, just keep her limbs in mind, most of the time it doesn't matter, but that one I am drawn to the cut off arm.

Third one, too much head space and the off camber doesn't really add anything for me.

fourth one, Its cute, and works, anything I would say is more nitpicking.

I would say great start.

I did a photoshoot with a friend of mine. There were no problems with the photos except this one. Everytime she would view it on her computer, it would turn greenish. But the other pics came out great! I opened this same pic on 2 different computers with no problems. I'm kinda confused why this would be. Any thoughts?

If the image is just modestly tinted toward the green its a matter of display. If its "neon" green its probably that the client has a corrupted file.

If its not a file corruption issues, the opening of the images on different computers probably is of no importance in solving this issue. What is important is that different software was used and found different results, your clients software being odd-man-out. Since some/most of the images look equally good on your clients software we can rule out any universal issue with the image creation, including any possible camera fault, and any universal color adjustment fault in the clients machine.

I suspect that at some point in editing the problem image you and your editing software conspired to change the embedded color profile in that one image, either the problem image has a different profile than the others, has a profile when the others don't, or lacks one when the others have one. If your client's chosen software ignores such profiles while your editor and other test software adjusts their displays in respect to them then only your client will see the one image displayed differently than the rest of the images.

You should find out what software your client was using to display the images, complete information including application name and version number along with the operating system type and version.

BTW, I'm using Opera v10.10 to view this site and these images. They all look very similar, in terms of color balance, and the balance I see is quite normal. Only the image where the bride is at an angle differs significantly, and it differs only in that it is somewhat darker. There is also a slight variance in contrast across the image set.

Last edited:
I like the first one, she has a good pose, and I like the lighting. You have flowers in her hands but half cut her hand off though.

Second one, just keep her limbs in mind, most of the time it doesn't matter, but that one I am drawn to the cut off arm.

Third one, too much head space and the off camber doesn't really add anything for me.

fourth one, Its cute, and works, anything I would say is more nitpicking.

I would say great start.

Thanks for the input Jeff. I'll take note of that. I yet have to develop and eye for those things.

Make sure the images are in sRGB, not Adobe or ProPhoto RGB

Most reactions

Back