Problem With D40

VltnDennis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone please help me out , my d40 shoots in every setting but whenever i wanna shoot a picture with the built in flash it wont shoot , it focuses normal and everything , but it just wont shoot. no error message or anything. What could this be?

I've had this problem on my D60 with the flash overheating, I guess you could say. Leave it be for a while and try again. If that doesn't fix it, then your flash made be dead and it's probably time to get an off-camera flash.

Well i've tried to leave it alone for a while but it still didnt worked, i even tried to reset the settings on the cam but same problem

Can anyone please help me out , my d40 shoots in every setting but whenever i wanna shoot a picture with the built in flash it wont shoot , it focuses normal and everything , but it just wont shoot. no error message or anything. What could this be?
Have you pushed the flash button so the flash head pops-up?

the flash pops , it focuses but it just wont shoot unless i turn it off

yeah in every single one , i think the flash just took a poop on me

Have to agree. Sounds like it's AFU. Off to the repair shop. Still under warranty?

My first camera was a D40 that I purchased second hand and the pop up died on me shortly after I got it. I never bothered getting it fixed though, as it never really gives good results. I've rarely (actually never, but I'm sure there's something out there) seen quality photos that were produced using a pop up flash.

Losing the pop up flash only damages the re-sell value of your camera, it has no real practical use beyond using it as a command flash.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

sb-600 will solve that hopefully. :D

Most reactions

Back