Problem with depth

Arrogant? Not really. There is a lot of confusing information for a beginning photographer to digest in this thread. I'm trying to simplify it for him by breaking it down into easy to understand steps.
uhhmm.... yeah, it was. Telling him to dismiss everything above, as it has no value? It is arrogant.

Your post would have had greater value had you skipped the first sentance... not that I think you took the time to do anything more than post generalities that could apply to near all scenarios, and little to do with his pictures directly. ;)

Anyways...

I think that the most important aspects were already touched on. It is lightly an exposure issue (addressed in detail in several posts), but also compositional aspects could be changed to further improve the shots. I really liked the idea of getting lower to change aspect. I could almost envision what the shoot looked like in my head and I would have preferred it.

Thanks for all of the info so far. I have a moderate understanding of photography, but it's the part that you take the book knowledge and move it into practical, usefule knowledge that I am working towards. I've read and own multiple books on exposure and light and composition, and all that type of stuff, so I'm not unread. Just a matter of transferring it to the camera in real life. These were a couple of examples that I posted of a general issue that I am having with landscape shots. I did take quite a few pictures of the same thing with different setting, but many blurred, or when I upped the shutter speed were underexposed. I think that part of the problem is that the location for taking these is inside of a large natural park. There are a lot of deep shadows in the trails, and that is throwing me off a bit with the settings. It'll be dark where I would be standing, and very bright where I am taking the photo. I will take some of these ideas and try them out in the next couple of days I believe. It's going to be really sunny here for a few days, so I'll have a chance to try. I have a tripod, so I'll make sure to take it with me next time. Thanks again for the plethora of information.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back