PROBLEM WITH MY CANON A70 -plz help-

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by cincophoto, Jun 24, 2005.

1. cincophoto

cincophoto TPF Noob!

So I had my PowerShot A70 for about 2 years now taking pictures with it. My biggest photo album with my PowerShot can be seen at www.cincophoto.com

Now I am running into this problem and I am not sure if itÂ’s the lens or a firmware problem. I went on the Canon site and upgraded my firmware to v.2.0 (latest) with no success.

The problem is that I go out to takes some pictures and then all the sudden my camera shows some purple lines vibrating. After some time (randomly) the purple lines go away and I can use my camera as normal. I tried switching batteries, CF card and I nothing seems to work.

Last night I went in downtown Seattle (where I live) to takes some pictures. I took my camera out and boom, the purple lines. I waited for about 15 minutes just enjoying the view and I was about to return home when I turn my camera on and it works perfect.

Here is some sample pictures that were resized for the sake of bandwidth to show you what is going on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any suggestion or help is extremely appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!

2. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

Whoa! Are are those first two just details, or are they the entire shot? And I don't seem to see a problem with the last two. Are they to illustrate the camera working properly?