problem with my continuous light

RawRyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
hallo i have a question i bought this studio kit http://www.skaeser.com/servlet/Detail?no=524
form steve kaeser its a contiuous light
most of the ppl told me its better than the strobes so i take it
when i operate it or install it , i turned it on then the light stopped working
do you think the problem with the power or with bulb ??

i want to know the procedure to do before use the light ??
cus to flashes now it's not working , i have now 2 more , but i dont want to use until i am sure how to operate it

most of the ppl told me its better than the strobes so i take it
I would say that strobes are better than continuous lights.

but i paid about 1000 dollar + shipping
the shipping cist me alot cuz am in kuwait not in the usa , so it cost me about 500 dollar shipping its hard to return it or change it , maybe in the future i will buy the strobes , now i need a help to fix my problem
thanx

We have no way of knowing what the problem might be. Examine your lights to see if there is anything damaged. If you can't figure it out...contact the place where you bought them.

What is the power like over there? These lights were probaly made to be used with a standard North American power supply.

1 - Stop listening to people that tell you that continuous lights are better than strobes.

2 - The equipment you have is almost certainly for USA power supply which I believe is 110 volts - the power supply in Kuwait is 240 volts. This means that every time you switch on with a 110 V bulb in the light you will blow the bulb. You need to find some 240 V bulbs that will fit. However you would be well advised to have the whole kit checked out by a qualified electrician to ensure that it is safe to use at 240 V. The safest way of using the equipment would be to use a transformer to drop your supply from 240 V to 110 V.

now i burned 3 light s :s
ummm i need to ask my dad first about that , cuz i will not understand about the volts
thanks
i will replay back soon

Since you obviously don't understand what is going on I would strongly advise you to stop playing around with the lighting system. You don't want to be the first forum member to pick up a Darwin Award.

The people that took your order should have known that the voltage would be different. Come to think of it, the plug configuration should be different as well. How did you manage to plug in the lights??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back