problem with NEF RAW

And that's one of the reasons why Photoshop costs so much for those of us who pay for it.
Photoshop has always cost what it costs.
And it still is a bootlegged copy, since it's being distributed to users who have not paid for it.
Hardly. That all depends on the end user agreement Adobe has in regards to Photoshop and whether or not the friend has a persistent copy of Photoshop on THEIR computer as well. And the individual who said to update Camera Raw has it right. That's all you need to do to get Photoshop to read the new RAW format for the D5000.

Hardly. That all depends on the end user agreement Adobe has in regards to Photoshop and whether or not the friend has a persistent copy of Photoshop on THEIR computer as well.

Since he's stated that his friend is no longer the registered user for CS3, I'd agree that it isn't bootlegging. But most software companies do take issue with a registered user putting the software on the computers of other users. I have music production software that states the software cannot even be run simultaneously on the two authorized computers, let alone the computers of another user.

Now that the OP has clarified, it's no biggie, but I don't see why we wouldn't take issue with pirated software since we all would have a problem with somebody using our photos without permission.

Most reactions

Back