Problem with RAW + JPEG

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok I have started shooting in both RAW and JPEG but when I tried to transfer the pictures to my computer I could only find 2 jpeg files of the same picture. The software I used is Photoshop CS2. and is there a good software for transferring and editing RAW files you guys would recommend? well other than Photoshop CS4 because my comp is a lil bit too slow for that :(

Lightroom as the recommended software.

Also what do you mean you found 2 JPGs? Are you sure, or is this just showing two photos that pop up in explorer that look identical. The biggest problem with Windows is that it hides the extension of known file types. Have a look at the file sizes. Is one of them about 5mb and the other more than 15mb? If so the latter is the RAW file.

Lightroom as the recommended software.

Also what do you mean you found 2 JPGs? Are you sure, or is this just showing two photos that pop up in explorer that look identical. The biggest problem with Windows is that it hides the extension of known file types. Have a look at the file sizes. Is one of them about 5mb and the other more than 15mb? If so the latter is the RAW file.

I did see two JPEG images of the exact same size... they have the exact same file name and all that. That's in Photoshop CS2 I browsed the memory card in my camera and could only find two JPEG files of the exact same sizes for each photos taken. The file option I selected on my 40D is L + RAW. I usually use windows scanner and camera wizard when I only wanted to transfer JPEG images and of course that piece of crap is only able to show the jpg files. Well I am going to check out Lightroom though and hopefully my crappy computer is fast enough for it :D

Navigate to the memory card, open it, sometimes open the next folder, select all and copy all files to a location on your computer, then see if file browser can "see" the files, if not you will have to download the plugin for your specific camera model from the adobe website, follow the instructions for installation and you'll have your raw file converter. H

Most reactions

Back