Problem with RAW

Tony-J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, im new to photography, got my first DSLR (Nikon D40) about 20 days ago and i really love it!!!

After reading alot of tutorials i know the advantages of shooting in RAW, but when i open them on my pc, softwares like Capture NX and Lightroom turn them darker than they are. If i convert them from any of these to softwares into jpg they are ok but that way i have no control of what im doing.

Photoshop on the other hand open them fine but when i save to jpg the colors are not that vivid anymore :confused:

Think has something to do with color management or with the screen...

Im really confused, any suggestions?

You may be crossing your color spaces. Check which color space/mode that you camera is set to. Photoshop will recognize this color space and use that, until you save the image into a more standard color space like sRGB.

I would suggest that you set your camera to sRGB, then it should be the same, for everything you need to do. You do loose a little bit of color gamut, but it shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Thanks for the quick response
I changed some color settings both on my camera and in photoshop and things are better now. I'll have to experiment with that modes a bit more later.

Finally the problem is fixed, might sound strange but the problem was on my graphic card settings. Probably a game must had the settings changed by default because i dont remember messing with them manually.

Well everythink looks ok now and i can finally edit my photos :lmao:

Most reactions

Back