Problem with the way Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are displaying

Rye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been having a problem recently with the way Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC are displaying. Color and tone gradations are really bad and there is a lot of extra grain. All of this is especially visible in skin tones and makes editing very difficult. Photoshop is doing the same as Lightroom. At first I thought the issue was with a new monitor but now I'm not sure if this happened after I got the new monitor or after doing the most recent Adobe updates. The weird thing is if I look at the same file OUTSIDE of Lightroom or Photoshop it looks like it should. Could this be a monitor calibration issue? An Adobe setting? Example below. The first one is in Lightroom and the second is in Windows Photos.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

looks like windows photo is adding noise reduction and LR and PS are true to the data...

looks like windows photo is adding noise reduction and LR and PS are true to the data...

No, I don't think that's it. Lightroom/Photoshop are most definitely not true to the data. At least not on this computer. On my laptop the same files look the same in Lightroom/Photoshop and Windows. Photos exported to JPEG and uploaded to Dropbox or Google Drive viewed on the same computer are fine. Also both JPEG and RAW files viewed in Windows are fine. The issue is unique to Lightroom/Photoshop on this computer and monitor only.

You know you're comparing this at two different zoom levels, right?

Anyway, if you can take a snapshot of it like you just did, it definitely isn't caused by your monitor. I'd maybe try to revert your installation to its default settings to see if it helps.

Most reactions

Back