Problems with my 55-200mm Nikon lens

PhotographicIdiot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dont know if this is the right place for it but you can move it if you want to. But Ive been noticing the more I am doing photography is that my 55-200mm lens aren't exactly working right. See when I zoom in up close to something far away, its always blurry even when I use the AF. I tried using the manual but found out I couldn't. And my question is is it broken? or am I not doing something right? Its able to focus at a certain focal length but other wise its usually just all blurry. any help would be great. Thanks.

100% sure your shutter speed is too slow you have a variable apurture lens so the more you zoom the higher your shutter speed should be , can you post a pic
User error, not lens

I can post a picture. Do you want one that shows the blurriness or just any with the 55-200mm lens will do?

currently having problems uploading photos. but will post them here soon as i fix the problem. sorry.

Definitley could be shutter speed, but also, what camera are you using? Is it the kit 55-200? I had an issue with mine a while back - I have a D40x, and the af motor in the lens stopped working on me. A few weeks before it totally crapped out on me, I was having some issues where it would be blurry even when a/f was supposedly working.

How close are you to the thing you are trying to focus on? And does it look blurry in the viewfinder or just after you take the picture?

KHM its not the photobucket problem or anything like that. its my computer. its not really reading my camera when I have it plugged into it.

Dark, I am standing at a good distance from the subject. And I did try Gsgary and it seemed to fix it. Though before I could definitely tell it was blurry on the LCD screen.

KH, the camera I am using is a Nikon D60. I got the standard 18-55mm lenses as well as the 55-200mm lenses. Yeah it was as you said blurry when the AF was working just fine with my 18-55mmm lenses.

KHM its not the photobucket problem or anything like that. its my computer. its not really reading my camera when I have it plugged into it.

Dark, I am standing at a good distance from the subject. And I did try Gsgary and it seemed to fix it. Though before I could definitely tell it was blurry on the LCD screen.

KH, the camera I am using is a Nikon D60. I got the standard 18-55mm lenses as well as the 55-200mm lenses. Yeah it was as you said blurry when the AF was working just fine with my 18-55mmm lenses.

Have you adjusted the diopter to your eye ?

No i have not done that. explain to me where it be?

There is a small wheel at the side of your veiwfinder that you can adjust for different strength's of vision, use auto focus to focus on an object and turn the wheel until it looks sharp in the veiwfinder

hey gsgary here is the photo i took using your setting. It worked. Hope this picture is not too big if so i will resize it.

F/4.0 @ 10/250 sec ISO 100 (is that what you mean by Exif data?)

DSC_0004.jpg

Most reactions

Back