problems with nikon d40...

vbrandon91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well i just got my nikon d40 in today but to my disappointment the play back doesnt work or should i say the camera doesnt capture images?

when i take a picture they are mostly black with green or pink on them..

anyone ever had a problem like this?
i contacted nikon but they have yet to write back..

im thinking im gonna have to ship it back to bhphotovideo or to nikon which would you do?

hopefully i just get a replacement and all goes well..

Any sample images we could look at? I am assuming you have tried shooting bright objects with open f stops ?

Lens cap off? LOL Just kidding. Hope you dont have a real problem.

yes of course the lens cap is off...

i tried different shutter speeds,flash,no flash,different f#,all the modes...

post pics in a bit...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2633134240_e62491be58_b.jpg

yes this is really how the pictures are coming out...
just like this one in pink too...

2633134240_e62491be58_b.jpg

That's not good.

That is a return for defective.

Oh my. Serious problem. So sorry mate. That really is either a disconnected sensor or completely blown ASIC.

Nuts. That is bad.

And I reaally really was kidding about the lens cap. Just ask how many times I go to frame and for a split second think "What the... its all black."

oooof, yeah, return it, i mean.. unless you happen to be taking photos of a green wall thats only lit at the top...

yep ...

man i have bad luck...

i once went through 4 different point and shoots just to find what that properly worked and well now....i guess my luck hasnt changed...

so this is a ship back to nikon or bh then huh guys?

i tried resetting it also ,taking out the battery,taking lots of pictures and still the same results...

no these pictures were supposed to be of a coi pond that my grandpa has ...they were outside in daylight and i even tried some in the restroom with the lights off...same results...

everything else works fine this just really stinks ...especially for being my first dslr..

At this point it really is bad, bad luck. Or maybe karma. Did openly mock and Escher prints recently? Or use an Ansel Adams print for dart practice?

Naw, just trying to use levity to lighten what is with out doubt a situation that would make me both weep and swear.

well what do you guys think i should do?

send it to bhphotovideo?

send it to nikon?

the thing that really disappoints me is that im leaving to utopia,texas tomorrow for a fireworkshow on friday and well now all that went to cr@p....

ill be headed to the river to go camping in a couple of weeks so i just hope i have a working one by then...

everything put aside....

this is a really nice camera ,size,weight,all around good looking camera that fits me perfect....

too bad it dont take pictures....lol

alright ill call bh bright and early tomorrow ...im hoping to have it shipped out before 3:30 tomorrow

I had a defective product. Went through Nikon. It was very quick, they replaced the entire body. Call Nikon to acquire the service number.

yeah i called nikon earlier today,but they wanted to see the pictures that i was talking about.i guess they didnt believe me.....

well any way they directed me to their website to show them the pictures but i havent got nothing in return..
good to hear thaT THEY replaced yours...what did you have a d40?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back