Product Photography

We already have 2 softboxes, mediums that I am hoping will be enough to light the product carefully. If this doesn't work we will think about the light dome. I also may try the suspension trick to see it that helps. I read the article from Brooks Short, and she explains a lot about the lighting and how to get the look you want, it was helpful.

We also made the plunge today and purchased the Nikon Cool Pix 5700. It has macro settings for closeup shots, 8X optical zoom, and produces in RAW format. It also gives you complete control of the camera if you want it, or you can let the camera take over. Seems to be nice, I will post back and say how it works for us. Should be interesting to see if it does what we want it to do.

Thanks for all your help - I'll let you guys know how things turn out.

Please let us know how it functions with close-ups since that is supposed to be it's Achilles heel.
Thanks and good luck!

Well, we got the camera (after a bit of trouble with backorders and grey markets) and it is really working out great. We have used it for about 30 shots so far, and everything seems to be in order with the macro lens. I think it will work well for our application, although we still seem to be having problems with lighting - shining a lot in some places and not in others. I suppose at some point I will figure it all out. Thanks for everyone's help!

Here you go... Everything for your studio in one package on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2939240725&category=29973

Still available?

These things are all over Ebay
24" JS Photo Studio Light Box Photo Tent Lighting Softbox w/ Tripod JTK105 | eBayhe tent/lights are incredibly cheap. I assume the lights are not built to last and in most cases look to be tungsten bulbed. Though with WB settings that should not be an issue.

I built a light box to see if i could and it worked out 'fairly' well.
see my post on litlclic.com (Gerber Steady Multi-Tool | Litl Clic)

After I built it I went on ebay to see if there was such a thing as a collapsible light box and of course they are there, and for cheaper than what I paid for the materials I used to build my cardboard one!

I will be buying a collapsible one in the near future, after I get my umbrellas/stands.

Hers's the company site
Shooting Tent Kits - PHOTO LIGHTING KITS

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back