Product shot C&C

Noxire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

Thinking about starting to building up a portfolio of product-shots,
any thoughts about that? What kind of shots are good commercially etc?

Started out with this one just picking a random object from the fridge.
Some C&C would be nice

Touch_of_taste_by_Noxire.jpg

What the hell is that? Bong lobster juice? You sweedes are so wacky.

A bit too warm/red for my taste, but nothing to complain about. Carry on....

Looks over sharped to me and the lighting is awkward and uneven.

The lighting is ok.... To say the lighting has issues would be unfair. I guess in general you could say so, but it would depend on what this product shot would be used for. If it's for some funky wild ad, then the lighting may work. My point is that product lighting comes in many variations. They are dependent on the final usage of the product shot.

Don't mean to start an argument... just thought it was worth noting.

The lighting is ok.... To say the lighting has issues would be unfair. I guess in general you could say so, but it would depend on what this product shot would be used for. If it's for some funky wild ad, then the lighting may work. My point is that product lighting comes in many variations. They are dependent on the final usage of the product shot.

That may be true but without more information we are left to judge only what we see.

You could do anything (or nothing) with the light and say it might work under a some specific set of circumstances... in which case there isn't much place for C&C.

IMHO this is a subject covered well in "Light: Science and Magic: an Introduction to Photographic Lighting."

For product photography, I'd have to say the lighting does have issues. For tall glass objects in particular, you'll want to use strip banks on either side to evenly light the object. Strip banks are tall, thin soft boxes ~18"x36". The centered light reflection below the cap is bothersome and you should be able to read the label, the lower humerifondi is getting washed out on the edges. I'm only guessing, but shouldn't Touch of Taste all be the same color? And Bong seems a bit funny colorwise.

Certainly not a bad go at it, but product photography doesn't split hairs. You have to nail it.

Thanks for all replies, y and i agree that the lightning were uneven. I'll guess I try harder next time.
Special-thanks to Kundalini for coming with some how-to-improve

also if you look REALLY close i think i can see your back door open and you holding the camera.

as kundalini said strip bank lights on the side work best, you could also go for a light underneath with the right base material, ie glass or the like

What the hell is that? Bong lobster juice? You sweedes are so wacky.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi,
i have no product photography experience but watching your picture i would say:

- it looks like the table was tilted, look at the content of the bottle.
- don't know what happened but the lower left is kind of blured.
- too much reflection on the table.

i have no knowledge on product lighting so i won't comment on that, but it might be a good idea to spray the bottle with some water to fake some condensation... (since you said it was on the fridge)

hope it helps
nacho

Its a good start, however there is a bit too much light flare down beside the image of the crab, I find it's changing the shape of the bottle, which an advertiser wouldn't want.

Most reactions

Back