Professional Borders

Donald Harvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering how to add professional borders to my pictures, can anyone help me out?

If you have photoshop, you could increase the size of your canvas, and put a solid layer behind your image (that is centered of course). You would have to double click the background image, hit enter, and move it above the solid layer. There are other ways as well, but this is on easy way of doing it.

Open up the picture you want

Go to image, canvas size

A box will pop up and I use 15 pixels in both boxes and use white

Then do it again and use 225 pixels and use black.

This is what you will get.

Rainbow.jpg

Hope that made sense.

You can also download several free border filters and plugins...just google for them. However, as stated before using an image editor and increasing canvas size is the easiest, you can also use patterns at low opacity levels if solid colors don't work for you.

That is a cool border, but they have done something to that picture of the fower to make it overhang the border.

Its worth looking into though, cuz it does make an interesting border and a little different than the common border.

-Puma-

You don't need Photoshop, you can do it in Paint.

Just copy your photo, stretch the background canvas out a bit, paste your photo back, then go around the borders with black rectangles. (Or also add the slight white line like above e.g., that is nice too).

That is a cool border, but they have done something to that picture of the fower to make it overhang the border.
It looks like they duplicated the image (made the bottom layer B&W or desatuated), made a layer of just the flower and kept it coloured (either masked or delete the portion you don't want, what ever's easier for you), then made a border over the bottom layer (several ways to do this).
You could do the same thing without making the layers different colours, just depends on the effect you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back