Professional Gallery? Qualified to post?

tmjjk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am now being paid for different images that I capture... some family shots, a couple low budget weddings, and children. Doesn't make me a professional photographer of course. That is the goal... Who is allowed to post in the professional gallery?? Am I asking for trouble posting here? I don't seem to be getting much feedback when I post in the people gallery...

Attachments

• $118.jpg
    $118.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
This is a nice group shot, well done! You can post wherever you'd like as far as I'm concerned, haha. Post up some more!

The only CC I would give you is just a little nit pick - you have the girls going in order of height, so maybe do it for the guys too? Also, maybe a touch of lens correction as I can see that the awning above them is slightly bowed. Nothing big.

Thank you!

Perhaps the issue is with how you're posting your pictures.. I havent seen your other posts.. but this post doesn't ask for C&C.. if you just post a picture, and expect people to give C&C, but don't ask for it.. it might not happen. Some people post photos just to show, some people post to receive critique.. it's important you ask for what you want when posting.

For C&C on the photos.. the floor boards are showing the lens distortion as well. Bowed down in the same spot the awning is bowed up.

If you get paid, you're a pro. You may be an inexperienced pro... you may even be a not so good pro, but you're still a pro. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Nice shot. Cute, too. And the exposure seems to be pretty much spot on... I can see details in the blacks and the whites, the color depth is really nice, and the outside and inside are both exposed really well. Frankly, you demonstrated quite a bit of skill in just this one shot and I'm not sure I could consistently pull of a shot that well myself... and I've shot like 12 weddings.

I agree.... I was second shooting and I suggested to the main photog... and he said... Oh no, it's fine. Lol... and who am I to say another word :). This was a freebie wedding "for the experience" and I was ok'd to keep the images and use as I wish (marketing my photography). Thank you for any constructive criticism. A huge mistake I made was too tightly framing. I had to edit in space to be able to crop to standard print size. OOPs... I learned a lesson for sure.

Thank you Manaheim... you absolutely made my week. I thought I was gonna get creamed posting here! The distortion in the images is MY fault. I tried to add space to be able to crop to standard print sizes. NEXT time.. I think it would be wise for me to back up! :)

Figured this might be a little cheesy...

Why did the "Mr." get the "&"? Clearly this is an example of the chauvinism inherent to the institution of marriage!

trollface_peeking.jpg

Pretty sure nobody's going to stop you from posting in this subform. However, the expectations of images posted here are much higher than other areas on the site. If you're an aspiring photog, but don't consider yourself a "pro" yet, no worries.

Do you really care what a bunch of anonymous Internet people think as long as you get quality C&C? :wink:

Tina this pic is awesome, and i am sure you are a professional photographer. I am glad you are specialized in motion photography. Cuz i am also learning motion photography and i think its too difficult, but very interesting and attractive.

Last edited:
So why not start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone else's thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back