Professional macro shots

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like browsing the macro shots, and I don't mind to have a go with it as it can be done at home or around the house hold stuff. But here is question:

Professionally, what kind macro shots are that generate income? Or what macro shots that are sought by the customers?

Thanks for any info.

Insects!!!! Insects and marco go hand-in-hand.

Copyright 2007 John Olexa

_IMG_2651.jpg

_SpiderwithDinner.jpg

Ant1.jpg

^^what he said. Nothing like seeing tiny tiny living things fill up the screen/frame!

I seriously think we need to start having warnings when spiders are involved. Great shots, but I can't look at it for more than a few seconds.

Ewww bugs.

I am no professional or anything, but if I wanted macro shots, probably living things; preferably flowers, fish, coral, aquarium plants, more fish, more coral, more aquarium plants, (see where I'm going with this).

I like browsing the macro shots, and I don't mind to have a go with it as it can be done at home or around the house hold stuff. But here is question:

Professionally, what kind macro shots are that generate income? Or what macro shots that are sought by the customers?

Thanks for any info.

You want to make money with macro, shoot jewlery of all sorts, watches, rings, earings and what not.

Get good with it and go to the local jewler and maybe you can get to do the shots for ads or insurance.

That is a really hard question to answer.

You cant really say what is going to make you money. If you are good at what you do then you will make money doing it. I would not say that there is one thing in Marco photography that makes money. My advice is to get really really good at something that you like to photograph then try to sell it.

Insects!!!! Insects and marco go hand-in-hand.

I understand easily for jewelery shots customers are the jewelery shops - but insects? Who bought these photo of insects? magazines is the first one to think of.

I also assume the competition is stiff in this area, considering the sheer number of able photographers and the amateurs alike available.
Btw I like that ant shot.

Get good with it and go to the local jewler and maybe you can get to do the shots for ads or insurance.

I don't understand the insurance part, although I can justify maybe this one or maybe that one, but I don't know. Can you explain a bit? thanks.

I seriously think we need to start having warnings when spiders are involved. Great shots, but I can't look at it for more than a few seconds.

hahaha yeah it's kinda creepy but such amazing detail in such a small living creature is unthinkable

well, I sure would like to hear more about this Insect market?

I'm not so sure there is stiff competition in Macro. It's not that easy to get good results and it requires specialized lenses and equipment.

I don't understand the insurance part, although I can justify maybe this one or maybe that one, but I don't know. Can you explain a bit? thanks.

More often than not insurance companies require a photo of an object to provide proof of both existance and condition of the object at hand.

Even if not required, having such photos can make payouts that much easier to get. With jewelery, Their small size and high value make this type of merchendice prime targets of theaves and any shop in his right mind is likely thumbing out a rather pretty pennie on insurance and it stands to reason they would thumb out a couple extra bucks to ensure they get the insurance money when they need it.

_Spider.jpg

Most reactions

Back