creative_one

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,
For those of you who are a professional or serious photographers
:
How do you keep your photos protected ( from being stolen etc) on your own website that you either built yourself or had someone designed it for you? Any Advice?
If you do have a flash gallery how do you disable the right click so that people wouldn't be able to print the photographs?
Thanks

Creative One

a big watermark - restrict access - dont post in the interwebz

if i really wanted an image and the right click option is disabled .. id get the image location from the source code

if that doesnt work , id use a firefox plugin (idk what tho)

if all else fails

screenshot - paste to PS - crop - save :D

a big watermark - restrict access - dont post in the interwebz

if i really wanted an image and the right click option is disabled .. id get the image location from the source code

if that doesnt work , id use a firefox plugin (idk what tho)

if all else fails

screenshot - paste to PS - crop - save :D

Im trying to protect my images or at least try to figure out a way to before i make my photography website. :D

i guess a flash gallery will work ? :D

i post my stuff on multiply (has an option to restrict those who view albums)

does require a registration tho for private albums

If that's the case, then give up. You weren't meant for photography if your goal is to suck every penny out of it.

The hard, fast rule of copyright and computers: if you can see it or hear it, you can copy it. Period.

creative_one said:
Im trying to protect my images or at least try to figure out a way to before i make my photography website. :D

You can't.

There are various "tricks" you can use to help protect your image, but the reality is that if someone really wants to steal your image - they will. Putting on a watermark might discourage theft.

:) thanks 4 all of your advice

Last edited:
o_O we are getting some very odd replies to simple thread these days... Lets try and not get into another silly fight,

Ahem for image procetion the upshot really is that you can't fully protect, but there are some methods to use

1) Limit the online size - 600pixels on the longest side up to 800 is far big enough to show images on the net for most computers. It also limits the printable options for those shots should they be stolen

2) Watermarks - a good theif can remove almost all watermarks and very big ones hide far too much of your image detail, which will mean people can't see what your showing. Better is smaller watermarks which detail your name and website - that way if hte image is used on the net or hotlinked to another website, its free advertising of your work.

Any watermark can be removed - any copy prevention scheme can pretty much be got around with print screen - even flash galleries. Also remember that any image shown on a computer from the net is already downloaded to the computer before it displays - so those nifty rightclick banned setups are voided since one just has to search the computer internet history.

o_O we are getting some very odd replies to simple thread these days... Lets try and not get into another silly fight,

Ahem for image procetion the upshot really is that you can't fully protect, but there are some methods to use

1) Limit the online size - 600pixels on the longest side up to 800 is far big enough to show images on the net for most computers. It also limits the printable options for those shots should they be stolen

2) Watermarks - a good theif can remove almost all watermarks and very big ones hide far too much of your image detail, which will mean people can't see what your showing. Better is smaller watermarks which detail your name and website - that way if hte image is used on the net or hotlinked to another website, its free advertising of your work.

Any watermark can be removed - any copy prevention scheme can pretty much be got around with print screen - even flash galleries. Also remember that any image shown on a computer from the net is already downloaded to the computer before it displays - so those nifty rightclick banned setups are voided since one just has to search the computer internet history.

Overread is right, there's isn't much you can do to prevent some one taking your images and making a buck off it. a.k.a designers don't need to print ur image they take it and absorb it into their artwork.

I really do not worry about it. I go view only and say a prayer. There will always be ways for people to "steal your images" wish I had time to prevent it, but I am way too busy to be concerned about it.

I want the whole world to see my work. That is my goal. It may be risky business, but in my experience it pays off more then it hurts.

You have to play the game. Your email is out there as well. What are going to do to prevent spammers?

Keep in mind that fear is the mind killer.

Love & Bass

If that's the case, then give up. You weren't meant for photography if your goal is to suck every penny out of it.

The hard, fast rule of copyright and computers: if you can see it or hear it, you can copy it. Period.

LOOK! I just happen to be really really good at it! OK! If i want to have a side job out of my photography well thats MY decision. Plus im soo good at it that i was meant to be in photography! U can't tell me what i wasn't meant for or not.
But thankz for your advice.

[FONT=&quot]Hi Mr Creative_one...
The guys here are trying to help ypu - and giving you good advice...
Despite your protestations here that you are really good at photography, and that you were meant to be a photographer... Don't you think you should tell these nice guys that you are a complete novice to photography and that you have never taken a photograph of a person yet...
As per your post less than an hour before you wrote this cr*p above...
Here:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/176188-church-event.html[/FONT]

Sheesh....

LOOK! I just happen to be really really good at it! OK! If i want to have a side job out of my photography well thats MY decision. Plus im soo good at it that i was meant to be in photography! U can't tell me what i wasn't meant for or not.
But thankz for your advice.

[FONT=&quot]Hi Mr Creative_one...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The guys here are trying to help ypu - and giving you good advice...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Despite your protestations here that you are really good at photography, and that you were meant to be a photographer... Don't you think you should tell these nice guys that you are a complete novice to photography and that you have never taken a photograph of a person yet...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As per your post less than an hour before you wrote this cr*p above...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/176188-church-event.html[/FONT]

Sheesh....
Look im not a Mr. Im a Miss. first off. & im not a Novice at all. I have so much experience in photography as a photographer : landscape also sunsets & sunraises & fireworks as well as sky too! I photograph nature more than i do people! I have taken pics of people before but not in an EVENT!!! This is not crap! So BACK OFF!!!!
Plus one of the guys confessed : I was just being a little... extreme.

Most reactions

Back