Program to create slideshows

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by SteveL, Feb 8, 2008.

1. SteveL

SteveL TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am looking for a program that will produce a quality, professional slideshow that starts with a menu (so I can have more than one show on a disk) and will burn the show(s) to a DVD and they will play on a computer or a stand-a-lone DVD player. I would like the cost under $50.

Can I get some input of what some of you are using and how you like it?

Thanks,

Steve

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    No personal experience but I have a buddy that does it for his family using quicktime pro. Seems to work well... and can add a sound track to the show.

he burns the DVDs with the quicktime slideshow and the quicktime player install for both mac and windows. Makes it straightforward for anyone to easily play the slideshow.

3. SteveL

SteveL TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks but what I am looking for is a bit more than the basic slide show Quicktime would produce. I want menus and the ability to pop it in a DVD player as well as a computer and there are only a few DVD players that will play quicktime.

But thanks anyway.

Steve

4. lazarus

lazarus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  5. dklod

dklod TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I used Sonic Media. It came packaged with my laptop. My father in law recently passed away and although I had never produced a slideshow before, I offered to make one which was played in the chapel during the service. Worked perfect. had 3 songs on the sound track and the software spaced the slides so both slideshow and sound track finished together. After a few initial tayloring issues, I was happy with it. Its easier than you think. Nero would be another option. Good Luck.

6. lazarus

lazarus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    By the way what ever software you use, if you realy get in to making slide shows one wil need audio software. Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Also the beechbrook.com is the only site other then proshows site that i run in to that has show you can download. So if you have links please post them. By the way if you want to see one of my shows pm me for the link.

7. Smilemon

Smilemon TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you have a mac iMovie works well, Its also easy to export them into quicktimes. If you want to have more control over how long you can leave each frame up powerpoint or keynote is hard to beat.