Project 365 collection

I'm still going on mine... started Jan first. Inspiration comes and it goes, but I'm trying to push something with each shot be it terms of composition, lighting, shooting at extreme narrow DOF, shoot abstract, a new post technique, etc. My only fear is that sometimes I get an idea in my head and DON'T shoot it because I already 'made my shot' for the day.

Some days you just have to click the shutter and deposit the photo, too. I'd say 90% of mine are shot between 10pm and 11:50pm :D

The one thing I have noticed is that I've seen a marked improvement in my ability to pre-visualize a shot and realize it in a fewer number of takes.

I wonder how many are still doing this, and how many dried up flies are on the window sill.v

::Flutters around on the window sill::

Traveling too much took me out pretty early (3-4 weeks outta 5 I'm outta town)... Thinking maybe a 52 would be easier to fit in sometime.

I may start one of these too. I mean you can really do anything, the point is to push yourself and also teach yourself to do it professionally. Even days where you don't feel like shooting, if someone paid you to show up, you need to do it and do it well enough that they get their moneys worth. So maybe I will do a Project 30.

BTW - I am not a bitter follower per se, but I do enjoy some of his posts. Except when I'm on the receiving end. Seems you have a fanclub, Bitter. By the way, do you know who Jim the Anvil Neidhart is?

Most reactions

Back