Project 365 - day 26 - Stairs

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stairs.jpg

A man after my own heart!

Very nice. My one quibble is that the out-of-focus railing in the lower left should be a little darker.

don't be angry at me but... it's kind of boring to me

stairs are photographed gazillion times in this way, there are slightly differences of course. Think how to do something different with the stairs...

ok.. bye bye.. don't shoot me!

It's a kind of cliché, but it can be spiced up a bit. Maybe someone sitting on on the visible steps just off-centre? Not easy if there's no one to help out!

Part of the bannister missing to the right might be an issue here.

It's a subject that suits B&W.

If you can re-shoot, try a tripod or c-stand or something to stabilize the camera, or get a faster shutter speed. I think I see a little motion blur. I like the composition, but kind of want to see the railing corner lower right. Cheers!

stairs are photographed gazillion times in this way, there are slightly differences of course. Think how to do something different with the stairs...
You're definitely right.
But I never took a photograph of stairs like that and I always wanted to try.
But I exactly know what you mean. That's why I find boring birds, lions and sunsets.

This is a shot that seemingly everyone needs to take.

Whether you intended it or not, by having parts of the image soft, by rendering it gritty and somewhat lo-fi, you've done something a little different. Thankfully. I get a sense of motion from the softness, which is nice. This thing is usually shot as a sterile, crisp, geometrical exercise in form and you've found something a little more authentic to do with it. As I say, perhaps by accident. But we should accept serendipity.

Gritty and lo-fi are intendend. Sense of motion wasn't intendend. :D was the best I could do with that light at that shutter speed from the acrbatic position I was. Thank you everybody for the feedback!

You're definitely right.
But I never took a photograph of stairs like that and I always wanted to try.
But I exactly know what you mean. That's why I find boring birds, lions and sunsets.
:thumbyo:

Most reactions

Back