Project 365 - day 29 - Angel

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Angeli.jpg

What is that white outline around the statue? I'm not sure I like it.

That said, the sky is very moody and the dark statue would add to that mood even more.. I just can't get past the white outline.

I want to like this, but, IMO, I don't think the subject matches the processing.

What is that white outline around the statue? I'm not sure I like it.

That said, the sky is very moody and the dark statue would add to that mood even more.. I just can't get past the white outline.

God.... W.y. is a problem i have with LR sharpness and it's not The first time. Later I'll post some screenshot. May be you can help me overcome it.

Sure thing. let me know about it and I'll do my best to help.

I like the shot, agree that halo needs to be gone though.

Still gave you a like as I like the composition and the exposure balance between the the sky and the statue

Here the issue:
N. 1: "Chiarezza" command is at -100. No Halo.
Schermata 2015-01-29 alle 20.23.34.png

2. "Chiarezza" command is at 0. Default setting. Halo appears.
Schermata 2015-01-29 alle 20.23.53.png

3. "Chiarezza" is at +100, which is what I used to create dramatic sharpness. Halo is overwhelming.
Schermata 2015-01-29 alle 20.24.09.png

I was thinking about using "Chiarezza" with the brush tool.
Let me know what you think about it.

Using "Chiarezza" (or "Clarity" in English) with the brush and avoiding the edge of the statue is an excellent idea. Also be careful of going all the way to +100.. though if that's what you did in the original the only problem I see from it is that halo.

That slider makes halos like that because what it's doing is increasing the contrast between edges.. so when you have the black statue contrasting the sky overuse of it will cause halos to appear in back-lit objects. (the halos are the camera capturing light that is wrapping around the object, usually very subtle until something like the clarity slider is used)

A little more useful info on Clarity: Friends Don't Let Friends Use Too Much Clarity in Lightroom or Camera Raw Laura Shoe s Lightroom Training Tutorials and Tips Surprisingly, not a lot of people know what it really does...

I guessed it was that and as I was posting the thread, I had the idea of the brush. Ok guys, I'm going to try it and I'll post the results. I don't like raising clarity to the top, but in this case really helped to get the "Apocalypse" feeling.

Yeah, Its still noticeable around the horn, but as I'm looking for it I can't say for sure if it is a problem or not.

I didn't give clarity to the photo with the brush tool. I took away the halo with -100 clarity brush tool (and also some shadow and exposure regolation in the brush).

Now that you mention it there's some slightly noticeable brushwork around the mouthpiece area of the horn. That's an easy thing to touch up.

That's my perfectionist side coming out though.

Most reactions

Back