Project for C&C

camhabib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First post - been reading for a short time and enjoyed the honesty and involvement of many of the members here, thought I'd contribute a little as well.

As part of a project for school, we are to select a theme and develop a collection (~20 pictures) based around it. I was originally going to do "contrast" - differences between items rather then the color property. It began to get rather difficult to complete the theme, so I decided to change it to "centered simplicity" - simple images with the main subject of focus centered.

Here is a sample of some images so far. All shots are with a Nikon D3, 50/1.8, and series of speedlights / studiolights. Please feel free to comment on the theme, the pictures as they fit the theme, or the pictures themselves. Some additional photos are located on my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/camhabib).

4312346360b075f5e7a8b.jpg

4323506072fc0c4e5c44b.jpg

4333974220a02d8ff940b.jpg

433401992208a3e2f7c8b.jpg

4334396705c95c380e48b.jpg

43116104353e080579c7b.jpg

43409729371b4d600a00b.jpg

Last edited:
I really love 2-7... great work!

Only crit I could think of would be your focus area on 6 being too small, but maybe that's how you wanted it. I'd like to see more of the cup, and the ice in focus, as well as the teabag tab.

Just my 2 cents.

You have a great artistic style and way more technical ability than I have (judging by your shots). Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums, and wonderful beginner shots, you have a great source of creativity and you are able to make boring things look interesting, i like your style, but i also agree about the saucer being more in focus. I'd also like to see a little more of no 5 as its a tiny bit too small to see. Apart from that, great photos, keep it up

Best first time poster EVER!

This is refreshing!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

The cup and saucer were meant to be pretty out of focus, as I really wanted the attention drawn to the substance inside the cup (ice). I have a few with the cup and dish more in focus, but I feel it allows the viewer to wonder too much into the detail of the pattern, etc.

As for the miniature scene, I intended all pictures to be printed around the 17x22 size. At these dimensions, and with the resolution of the original, a lot more detail is present. I think it is just perhaps the limited resolution of the version posted here that is leaving something to be desired.

Iced Tea...amusingly creative!

:thumbup: Great shots

Is that Pepto Bismol under that chili pepper? I love all the pics, they are really great!

3 and 7! :thumbup:

3 and 7 are my favorites as well. I'm really pleased with how they came out.

Is that Pepto Bismol under that chili pepper? I love all the pics, they are really great!

Pepto indeed. I'm glad someone could identify it without a description, I was worried it may be a bit too obscure.

Thanks again to everyone, I really appreciate the feedback.

Great shots man, I really look forward to seeing more of your posts.:thumbup:

He either NEVER cooks in that oven or it is brand new :) I love the shots.

It's used about once every other day, just gave it a once over with some elbow grease and PS.

I have another day of shooting this week - if I get anything worthwhile, I'll post up an update with them. Thanks again to everyone.

One additional one taken a little while ago.

dsc5548e.jpg

I just ordered a few more speedlights, so hopefully I can get a few shots with some interesting lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back