Project on photography

Reaction score
Hey as many of you already might know I have a project called ROPES or (right of passage experince) and it is a very BIG project, it basically tells if we make it out of the 8th grade or not, if you fail you are forced to take summer school to get into high school, and I dont think you can go to graduation and we need to do a presentation (8-10 minutes) an I-search paper, and a project.

I need some help with project ideas

Im obviously doing a posterboard but that does not count
and I am thinking of making a pinhole camera
and am also thinking of making a scrapbook of all my photos and a section for Digital camera and 35mm camera

Any one have any more ideas please post!

I did my 10th grade I-search paper on photography. :) I had just done a darkroom photography TAG class so I wrote a section on what I learned there and included a bunch of my pics that I printed. I sent letters to a couple photography magazine editors (or art directors or something) and asked them a bunch of questions about what kind of photographs they look for and what they think makes a good photo and what kind of training they think someone should do, etc... one even wrote back! :) Then I interviewed the high school photography teacher and also asked her to critique my photos. Then of course had to give it as a presentation and passed the photos around, I think that part was the hardest. Dunno if that helps at all, but that's what I did.

Well i already have an interview with the photo editor of my local newspaper, but Im looking for projects, yu know like visual devices to help the class be more interested...or to jsut look cool! :) but thanks anyways

If you go to http://120seconds.com/, there is a project called "Pinhole spy camera" (click on "experiments" and then is should appear in "what's new") that should be of interest.

There are both directions for build and use.

Good luck with your project.

Hey again kiddo! Glad the photo editor would talk to you!

What about some sort of display on all the different careers that use photography? Photojournalist, artist, crime scene photographer, etc. You could even touch on X-Ray techs and such as an X-Ray is a type of photograph. Maybe have a display to represent the different fields? A gallery show opening poster, a newspaper with a front-page photo, photo of a crime scene (something non-threatening - maybe a B&W of some car skid marks with a ruler next to one of the treads), and an X-Ray.

Just a thought - good luck!

Thanks i like both of yoru ideas (rougue Monk and Lizm) But what did you (Lizm) mean by the newspaper thing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back