Project X

Insanity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Edit: Added New pictures... Post 22.

Seeing as how everyone has their Project 365/52 going, I thought that would be a cool idea. The only problems I could see were 365 is to many at the moment, and I'm only a couple months old in the photography world.

Thought about what I could do, and came up with Project X. The X basically means "I have no idea how many pictures I'm gonna shoot". At the same time, I was going to focus on the basics. The individual parts that make up a photo. Line, Shape, Form, Teture, Pattern, Color and Scale

The first one is line.. and please, tear it apart. I'm probably not going to move on to the next part until I feel I've got a good understanding of the current part.
Day 1
37608969@N02

4273166512_c418d8497b.jpg

Last edited:
Eh kinda boring and no real subject.

thats the trouble with 365 projects you shoot something for the sake of it to get your shot for the day, just go out and shoot. The problem with the thought of having to get a shot for your 365, your not being receptive to the really interesting shots that are about

i was thinking of doing a 365 myself but i didnt from the same considerations as gsgary. i do think that it is good to have goals but shooting something just for the sake of geting a picture per day isnt gonna produce big results...

as for your idea of shooting a theme until you get it right let me just say this: in my opinion photography isnt about mixing set elements that you master well, its more of a "looks good" kind of thing... just my opinion and the way i am learning.

Here's why I chose to take part of project 365:

I have purpose to carry my camera everywhere, and it makes me pick up my camera to shoot.

I am also choosing project 365 as a means to reflect back on the year. Sure, my shots won't be as nice or interesting as other people's shots or shots I had time to coordinate, but at least it will hold some meaning.

thats the trouble with 365 projects you shoot something for the sake of it to get your shot for the day, just go out and shoot. The problem with the thought of having to get a shot for your 365, your not being receptive to the really interesting shots that are about

This isn't a "proper" 365. I'm not trying to just get a picture a day and that's it.

I'm trying to learn the basics. The first one being lines...

I put the first one up, then get C&C... if it's good then I'll move on to the step 2... Shapes.

But until I understand lines, I'll keep coming back with more lines pictures until I get a "hey, that looks good" :)

What I see is a photo that uses line,shape,mass,texture,hue,value,repetition,and dissonance. Those are several of the key elements and principles of design. The photograph employs multiple diagonal lines. The shapes are highly repetitive. They form a solid mass,in basically a single plane. They are all of similar texture, and are of basically two different tonal values. The majority of the pipes are copper, but there are some that appear to be steel or zinc-coated iron, which provides a bit of dissonance. While it is not an Earth-shatteringly brilliant composition, it is a good exercise in using many different elements and principles of design.

What I see is a photo that uses line,shape,mass,texture,hue,value,repetition,and dissonance. Those are several of the key elements and principles of design. The photograph employs multiple diagonal lines. The shapes are highly repetitive. They form a solid mass,in basically a single plane. They are all of similar texture, and are of basically two different tonal values. The majority of the pipes are copper, but there are some that appear to be steel or zinc-coated iron, which provides a bit of dissonance. While it is not an Earth-shatteringly brilliant composition, it is a good exercise in using many different elements and principles of design.

Much appreciated.. :)

Derrel, that post made me want to go look at your pictures. You seem very knowledgable. I think the 365 day project is a great way to learn.

i think its reallly cool, probably the only abstract photo ive seen on this photo that wasnt either a bad photo or a "look i ****ed up on a picture, its so abstract now"

i think its reallly cool, probably the only abstract photo ive seen on this photo that wasnt either a bad photo or a "look i ****ed up on a picture, its so abstract now"

Damn.. that's better than I was expecting... :-D

That was hillarious jeweler and at the same time i got the hint. Since God decided i can use the Shift Key, i am going to make proper use of it.

Most reactions

Back