Project X

Here's why I chose to take part of project 365:

I have purpose to carry my camera everywhere, and it makes me pick up my camera to shoot.

I am also choosing project 365 as a means to reflect back on the year. Sure, my shots won't be as nice or interesting as other people's shots or shots I had time to coordinate, but at least it will hold some meaning.

I'm not being funny but you seem stuck for ideas already, because both day 7 + 8 are shots of your Blackberry

Nice job Insanity. :thumbup:

i think its reallly cool, probably the only abstract photo ive seen on this photo that wasnt either a bad photo or a "look i ****ed up on a picture, its so abstract now"

Shift Key FAQ

Thanks... might be something to this whole photography thing after all. :)

I was gonna have a second picture today, but apparently another basic I need to learn is focusing in low light. Took about 15 pictures and none of em came out sharp at all.

Thanks... might be something to this whole photography thing after all. :)

What people don't realize, it also requires critical and creative thinking. You have to develop those skills as much as the technical side.

I have purpose to carry my camera everywhere, and it makes me pick up my camera to shoot.

I am also choosing project 365 as a means to reflect back on the year. Sure, my shots won't be as nice or interesting as other people's shots or shots I had time to coordinate, but at least it will hold some meaning.

I'm not being funny but you seem stuck for ideas already, because both day 7 + 8 are shots of your Blackberry

So far, everything I've posted has meant something to me, be it work or play. I could shoot 365 photos of my phone because of what it offers in terms of functionality with the mentality I've taken to this project.

I'm no pro, I don't aspire to be. I just want to get better at getting my pictures the way I want it.

Project 365 so far, has introduced me to learning my camera a bit more, seeing things a little more creatively, meeting new friends and learning from them, finding out what post editing was.

Images 2 and 3... this project is already teaching me more than initially planned. One thing I learned, I need a tripod... low light pictures and hand holding don't seem to work.

Still on lines....

Image 2
4286668798_251af586cd.jpg

Image 3 - Also an experiment in color.
4286668792_d9f11a3967.jpg

Seeing as how everyone has their Project 365/52 going, I thought that would be a cool idea. The only problems I could see were 365 is to many at the moment, and I'm only a couple months old in the photography world.

Thought about what I could do, and came up with Project X. The X basically means "I have no idea how many pictures I'm gonna shoot". At the same time, I was going to focus on the basics. The individual parts that make up a photo. Line, Shape, Form, Teture, Pattern, Color and Scale

The first one is line.. and please, tear it apart. I'm probably not going to move on to the next part until I feel I've got a good understanding of the current part.
Day 1
37608969@N02

4273166512_c418d8497b.jpg

put this on a large canvas and I would buy it as a piece of abstract art for my living room! very modern! i have no idea what you took a picture of, but I like the colors and the diagonal stripes. :thumbup:

Seeing as how everyone has their Project 365/52 going, I thought that would be a cool idea. The only problems I could see were 365 is to many at the moment, and I'm only a couple months old in the photography world.

Thought about what I could do, and came up with Project X. The X basically means "I have no idea how many pictures I'm gonna shoot". At the same time, I was going to focus on the basics. The individual parts that make up a photo. Line, Shape, Form, Teture, Pattern, Color and Scale

The first one is line.. and please, tear it apart. I'm probably not going to move on to the next part until I feel I've got a good understanding of the current part.
Day 1
37608969@N02

4273166512_c418d8497b.jpg

put this on a large canvas and I would buy it as a piece of abstract art for my living room! very modern! i have no idea what you took a picture of, but I like the colors and the diagonal stripes. :thumbup:

O_O.. wow, thanks!

Was hoping to one day be able to sell some shots... didn't think it'd be this soon. :-D

O_O.. wow, thanks!

Was hoping to one day be able to sell some shots... didn't think it'd be this soon. :-D

ya, something like this would sell in my opinion, especially on a canvas (no frame or anything). Look at some of the modern art at Crate&Barrel and WestElm interior design websites, this would fit in nicely! good job!

This is exactly why I stopped my 365 project. It seemed like a good idea, but I realized I wasn't shooting because I wanted to, I was shooting because I felt I had to. I wasn't being creative because I was thinking, "Oh, I just need to get a shot for todays photo, um, there's my iPhone on the table!" My shots were uninspired, not creative, and frankly, it felt more like a job than a hobby. It's much more fun to shoot because I want to, and not because I have to.

Most reactions

Back