PROJECT52

Weekly installment,

Went to a family BBQ and wanted to photograph my brothers boxers. The male was willing to pose and I got off a few shots. I've photographed them a time or two before and really like how they turn out in b&w.

Max - 24/52
by FourB Photography, on Flickr

[FONT=Proxima Nova, helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]70D
70-200 f/4L
f/8.0
ISO 500
1/1600
140 mm
[/FONT]

Mable Lake #3 - 25/52

We spent the weekend camping in Mabel Lake, BC and had the pleasure of playing 27 holes on their 9 hole course. It is definitely a hidden gem.

I can't take full credit for this shot as I wasn't behind the camera but I put the finishing touches on it in post. It's the closest I can get to a golf self portrait.

Credit to Dodgerfilm for his fine camera work

Bernard Paper - 27/52

I snapped this candid while walking by this man reading the paper on a bench on Bernard Ave. He had four or five plastic bags with his belongings and didn't seem to have a care in the world.

I'll admit I shot it a week ago but just got to processing it this week.

This thread isn't getting much feedback, which is a little disappointing. I was really hoping to get some constructive input on at least some of the shots to help me get better.

Hey man, your project is what inspired me to start my own, so take that as a big plus. Total kudos from me to you for keeping up week to week, I'm finding out it's a tough job. Neither of us see too much feedback, but I think there is something to be said for the improvement seen from keeping yourself shooting week after week after week, that's feedback in and of itself.

This thread isn't getting much feedback, which is a little disappointing. I was really hoping to get some constructive input on at least some of the shots to help me get better.

Hey man, your project is what inspired me to start my own, so take that as a big plus. Total kudos from me to you for keeping up week to week, I'm finding out it's a tough job. Neither of us see too much feedback, but I think there is something to be said for the improvement seen from keeping yourself shooting week after week after week, that's feedback in and of itself.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. It's been tough getting any input for sure but I'm definitely enjoying working on this hobby every week and seeing improvements in my processing and my approach to shooting.

I think that's a fantastic pose on 27/52. Him looking out and towards something. Love it.

I had a busy couple of weeks, and while I got to shoot, I didn't get any editing in. So the next two images are getting me caught up.....

Hopper - 28/52
We have an an abundance of these grasshoppers this year and I have been trying to get a shot I was happy with for a couple of weeks. I think a macro lens would have been easier to use but the results from the 70-200 mm are still pretty good.

I recently travelled to Alberta for the weekend and spent quite a few hours in the airports waiting. I knew going in I definitely wanted to shoot something with all the natural light from the big windows in the terminal. This scene was exactly what I was looking for.

Terminal - 29/52

"Whatever, dad" - 31/52

I realized this week that I am halfway through this project and I haven't posted a portrait of my youngest daughter. I asked her today if she wanted to go take a nice photograph and this is the response I got: a roll of the eyes. Needless to say, I didn't have any other success getting a portrait of her.

What can I say? She's three.

Over halfway through the year and I'm really not accomplishing what I had hoped with the project. I can see small improvements but the lack of outside "help" is a little discouraging to be honest.

Most reactions

Back