PROJECT52

I'd be happy to swap critique with you on a near-weekly basis if you like man, I know your feeling on the lack of outside comments. It seems 52 Week posts fall into the category of "look don't speak" for lots of visitors, a habit of our regularity I suppose. I'm not really looking for critiques on my photos, more using them to get me out there (very satisfying, I'd recommend it), but you are more than welcome if you'd like.

I'm really starting to feel the limitations (and frustrations) with the 70-200mm for wildlife. I spent about 45 minutes shooting some osprey today teaching a juvenile to fish and didn't get anything I am happy with. Then, I spent a good while watching a flock of waxwings near a murky pond feeding on bugs and just couldn't get close enough to get some of the shots I wanted. I did get a few usable ones but it really is time to get a little more reach. I liked the 400 mm f/5.6L enough when I used it but am wondering about the 150-600 mm. Probably have to rent it to test it out. If only money grew on trees.....

Juvenile Cedar Waxwing - 33/52
by Fo

I realized today that through this entire process, I've only used my DSLR.

So, this week is a shot from my phone edited with VSCO.

Stairwell - 36/52
by FourB Photography, on Flickr

This stairwell was in the hospital (I was visiting my 83 year old grandma, she had a fall but is ok) and I loved the way the light was hitting the wires that were interwoven between every floor. I also liked the abstract quality of all the lines.

Osprey - 37/52

I've been trying for a long time to get some decent Osprey photos, but I can't seem to get close enough. This one flew overhead while I was out watching a few of them fishing.

I like the detail I was able to capture and the composition but I don't like grain and the blown out sky.

Osprey - 37/52

I've been trying for a long time to get some decent Osprey photos, but I can't seem to get close enough. This one flew overhead while I was out watching a few of them fishing.

I like the detail I was able to capture and the composition but I don't like grain and the blown out sky.
I feel you on the blown out sky man, but the grain totally works for this one IMO. Keep it up!

Also, nice colors on the most recent one. I'm not sure about the composition, but I know you didn't really have much to work with when theres just blue-bird skies like that with no cloud cover.

Osprey - 37/52

I feel you on the blown out sky man, but the grain totally works for this one IMO. Keep it up!

Also, nice colors on the most recent one. I'm not sure about the composition, but I know you didn't really have much to work with when theres just blue-bird skies like that with no cloud cover.

Thanks.

I posted that photo to another forum and had more of a caption to go with it. I'm really looking forward to going back to that location in the winter months. The sun sets further to the south and the golden light should be more dynamic with some frost/snow to reflect off of. And I'll be able to get the sun in the shot or hope for the sky to be a little more dynamic.

40/52

I didn't spend much time shooting this week but I love this snapshot of the girls playing in the leaves. You can't beat that expression!

I feel like this project lost a lot of steam last month, I even missed a week, but it was the busiest work month of the year for me. This month I'm heading to Victoria for a few days and will have more time to shoot. I'm really looking forward to shooting the fall colours that are starting to come out.

Took a trip out to Victoria for the weekend and drove out to Port Renfrew for a day trip of hiking.

I originally shot this thinking it would be a nice black and white because the sun was high in the sky and contrasty but I'm really happy with, and prefer the color version.

Botanical Beach - 41/52

Well, I don't know much about photography. I don't even have a camera except for my phone, but I think they're all pretty good. Love that last one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back