Projects I have in the works

WILCOX2005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 2 or 3 different sessions that I am doing for family and friends.

I am not a pro or even close but have been asked to do this.

I have been asked to take my cousins daughters seniors pictures this spring or summer. I am happy to do it for them. I want it to be the best for them.

I also have a maturnity session to do with my bestfriend she is having her last child and wants nice photos taken.

I am not taking money for what I am doing unless I am ordering the prints for them but it won't be going into my pocket.

My deal is I am looking for ideas, tips, poses, anything that you think may help.

This is what I have to work with and the lens I am getting. I have Sony A200 dslr and the lenses I plan on using are the 28-80 and the 18-70. I am planning on getting a 85mm f/1.4 Manual Focus Portrait Lens

I know that I will need to get a backdrop stand I have chromakey software and tuns of backgrounds.

Do you have studio lights? If not, then a backdrop stand should be at the bottom of your shopping list. The same with the chroma-key stuff.

Do you have an external flash? Any light modifiers for the flash? Reflector(s)? Lighting is probably the most important element you should focus on. Having lighting and learning lighting, that will make for great shots (and composition of course).

I would have them sign model releases, or maybe like a TFP type release So you can use the images you take for your portfolio... that may help you out in the future getting paid gigs.
also, what I like to do is view other peoples work... get Ideas, for posing and locations etc.

I don't have a studio I am getting a package that has 3 continous lights with a background stand and green chromakey background. My lense and flash are the first things I am getting I was told today that I am getting a background stand made until I can buy one which will work for now.

if you're looking for ideas, tips, and poses on any of these shoots, you've come to the right place! I've used the "Search" tool at the top and have found lots of good tips! For ideas I've gotten on Flickr and browsed peoples photos to see what I like/don't like... they even have a "maternity posing idea" group (a friend asked me to do the same thing and I was clueless on how to pose her!!) remember you could always take your subjects outside and get some really neat portrait styles too, and you won't need to buy backdrop equipment!

Good luck, post some pictures when you're done so we can see!

Most of the senior photos will be taken outside we picked out a great park but my poor friend would freeze to death because she will be having her baby in april and I am doing her photos in march or late feb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back