Prom gone wrong, part 2.

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some more pics from that same series:

(Forgive the various color and border changes, this was NOT mean to be shown in a series and I was experimenting with each picture.)

DSC_0264_2.jpg

DSC_0295%20(2).JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

I really like your concept. I don't know if I "need" the knife... or torn (cut) gown for that matter. You've conveyed a real sense of sadness (maybe tragedy) with the expression, setting, lighting and treatment in the first view. You've done such a good job, that I wonder if the knife and cutting is overstating and presumes the viewer might "need" the specific coaxing to "get it."

Good job! VERY nicely done.

-Pete

I really like your concept. I don't know if I "need" the knife... or torn (cut) gown for that matter. You've conveyed a real sense of sadness (maybe tragedy) with the expression, setting, lighting and treatment in the first view. You've done such a good job, that I wonder if the knife and cutting is overstating and presumes the viewer might "need" the specific coaxing to "get it."

Good job! VERY nicely done.

-Pete

Thanks Pete! I appreciate the comments. I too think the knife might sort of be a bit much in the second image as it also confuses the "story" of the photo a bit. The first one there are SO many possibilities on why the dress is torn, but the second one sort of eliminates that. It's more "telling" than "showing" the emotion.

Her expression and mood in number 1 seems much more real. I like it : )

If you fix the running make up in the photo of your original thread, that is the best one. I would definitely not do a series. It takes away from that single image's mystery and mystery is good. It makes the viewer stay longer, trying to figure it out.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back