RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C please:

3797217072_c92f487ec5_b.jpg

Wow. V*E*R*Y nice.

Except for the makeup. It looks fake to me like it was added on later. As if you drew it on in pp. Did you?

^ I agree. Very nice concept, lighting, etc. but the makeup on her left eye looks drawn in.

I like it, especially because it's drawn in. It's almost as if her prom problems are in her head, or not really there. Being that she's looking at herself in the mirror, whatever she sees may or may not really be there because her self-image is in her head. Come on people back to english class metaphors... :D

Awesome shot though. Love it. But, the one thing I would change would be to move her mirror image slightly to the left to cover that door knob or whatever, and give her more space from her real self. This could be done by moving the model to the right, FYI.

Good concept, but too bright.

Thx guys, as many of you guessed... the eye makeup was fake! Only because we were VERY limited on time. I'll see what I can do about making it a bit more real, I am thinking the smudge tool might do the trick!

Also, if you notice in the bottom of the picture there is the black knife there that she used to rip the dress.

I have some more from this series I'll be sharing soon!

won't say that the makeup is drawn in or not, i know makeup can run like mad. however, it's a little less melodramatic looking (if that's what everyone is worried about) if the runs are shortened to just above the bottom of her nose, while still having the emotional affect. unless of course this is all real life, in which case it shouldn't be edited.

My impressions;

When I first saw it I thought the makeup was a little strong, but I dont' wear masquera nor am I really familiar with how it runs.

I'll admit that I didn't notice the knife until it was mentioned. The story i drew in my head upon seeing the rip was intense. Combined with the look on her face, which isn't anger but more like a sorrowful confusion, the rip to me felt of violation. My mind drew a scene of attempted rape, and in her aftermath, her trying to understand the "why" and "how could it happen to me".

Obviously i'm off, especially with the knife in the frame, but that was my first impression.

Very powerful indeed.

I think its blown too much, needs less light. The eye make-up ruins it. Its great that its drawn on arfterwards though because you can easilly change it!! Hurrah! :)

I don't think the knife is necessary because even to me, if i'd noticed it, it wouldn't strike me that she'd used it to cut the dress, it would almost reflect a suicidal tendancy because someone else ripped that dress....if you see where im going with this in a way not to offend the youngsters! The picture san knife would have made me think more.

I would like to see this without the eye-make up and maybe cropped to just above her elbow.

Its a good shot. I'd be interested to see others.

i like her beautiful dress getup....the fake eye makeup is looking as a spl effect.

DRAMA... Love it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back