Promo ads - rip 'em apart

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two ads I made.Anything to make them look better any critique on them I'd like to hear it all thank you.

portraitpromosmall.jpg

MusicPromosmall.jpg

Hey now? Won't they load for me? I get downright NOTHING, not even the red x, now what is THIS!?!?!

Oh, post just finished, now I'm editing to say that ... the red x's are there... but no pics. Hmph...

The layout works fine.

I dont need comments about the specific pictures but the font the layout how everything looks together

I disagree. Stronger pictures will make a better ad, layout notwithstanding.

I’m fine with both layouts and the photos in #1, but with #2 the 3 photos in the top roll have such different contrast and saturation levels they seem to conflict with each other (IMO). I sure the photos work on there own.

I hate to pile on, but if you look at the #1, the white suit on the guy in the picture in the lower left is the brightest thing on the page. In the diagonal corner the guy's elbow is brighter than anything else.

Secondly, IMO, not having a telephone number and not having a real domain account is really offputting. Domains are cheap to register and there are low-cost cell phone accounts. If this is a business, you have to have the basics of a business - to be accessible to your clients and make them comfortable that you are accessible.

The layout works fine.

I disagree. Stronger pictures will make a better ad, layout notwithstanding.

I said that wrong. What I ment was I don't need specific critique on the pictures themselves but how the pictue works with the rest of the poster.

I have a second version with my phone # but I didn't want to post that online. Also my friends dad is going to make me a website so for the time being it is just myspace.

Hrm, ok, here we go.

The layouts have some issues, in my eyes. The text, personally I don't like, mainly because of the fonts, but there are some layout issues. As for the photos, personally, I would pick one photo, your best obviously, and go with that, big enough for us to see. If you must do more than 1, do 3, and line them up neatly. Here they look disorganized. My eye doesn't know where to go. 3 across, evenly spaced, with a thin white border around would look sharp. You want this to look sharp, to show people you have a keen eye for detail and composition, which is important in photography.

The title where you have "Deep spring photography...by josh smith". I would capitalize all three words. It's fine if you want to leave your name lower case, but it needs to line up with the end of the first line. It looks like it wants to be a seperate entitity, which it isn't. I might try a more professional looking font as well. This font has a "written by a 13 year old girl" feel to it.

The link to your myspace page is nice, but a real website link would be better. Your OWN website. If you must use it, in this context, it shouldn't stretch out past the edge of the photo above it. Same thing with your email address on the bottom right.

I hope that helps. I do this for a living, and it's very difficult to do layout. There are lots of small details to pay attention to. The average person won't notice the small details when they are wrong, but they'll feel that something is off. When it's a clean layout, it can be really eye catching and make people notice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back