Promoting Website to Events

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by keith204, Apr 28, 2008.

1. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'd like to hardcore get my website known at Springfield Raceway. Currently, I have cards that I pass out that are the best I've designed - and they point to my website. I pass those out to drivers before the races. In addition, I get on the forum where drivers in the area communicate, and I participate in it, with my signature containing my website name. Also, the announcer announces me every once in awhile.

What are a few more promotion ideas for getting people to know my website address?

2. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think being able to have a tent setup with the drivers able to see the photos then and there would be very apealing. Im sure most just forget about you when they go home. But if you give them a chance to buy right after an event they might spring if its a nice shot.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's racing...they sell every inch of advertising space. On the cars, on the drivers, on the walls etc. It will cost you, but there should be space for sale if you are willing to pay for it.

Other than that, I'd say keep doing what you are doing. You can't expect it to happen overnight. Keep at it and word of mouth along with your constant presence will drive up your traffic.

Oh...I got a good one. Get some white T-shirts with your website/logo on them. Then have a wet T-shirt contest. :D

4. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I suppose I need to give an update...

I was at this track last year, and I make enough at the track already to make it MORE than worth my time. So, I'm not worried about it starting slow...cause it's already good...BUT...as I was going around talking to people, still some of them somehow didn't know where to find pictures...seems crazy.

We do have a photo booth...a real building at the track. However, it got hit by a tornado [click, scroll down] in January, and the one usable section isn't quite ready for business yet. So, that booth is free advertising space for us... JimmyO & BigMike...good ideas on utilizing space. Maybe I should focus on finding the places at the track where I can advertise for free, and taking advantage of that.