Promotional images for my show

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a man who shoots wedding photos all the time know anything about Lamat style photography? Weddings are as vanilla as ice cream, not much to really bite on and it's all the same, no diversity. I don't care about advice. If I wanted advice I wouldn't come here, i'd look in the mirror and get myself together.
I think the correct phrasing would be, "Why should a skilled wedding & portrait photographer CARE about "Lamat style" photography? Certainly the examples you've posted here strike me more as rather unskilled graphic design than anything, and if you really want to talk "vanilla" in the sense of plain, common and boring, given how much bad photography is around these days, I would submit that you are far more vanilla than most other members here.
Very well. I will give you your opportunity then, lets see you back up your claims. I demand to see someone on this site who incorporates a military hussar jacket with a feathered fan whilst commanding an age old army, can't do it? Ok, lets see someone who incorporates a sextant with false grey sideburns and a ponytail. Ahh can't do it. Right, well lets establish something. The photos i've created do not exist ANYWHERE else in the world never mind on this forum, do you not understand what vanilla actually means? It means the same old mass produced boring photos that we see all over the place all the time. When I joined that other forum the members said they had never seen anything like it, you can go ahead and read it yourself if you don't believe me. If i'm vanilla you must be ready salted.
Here's a leather jacket with a fan.

Nature beat you to it.

Oh dear god, enough of that damn jacket and feather! You know what comes up when you google photography with a hussar jacket and feather? A whole sh$t ton of stuff that is not yours.
hussar jacket with a feather photography - Google Search

While I applaud your effort to stand out from the crowd, the fact is that the only reason you are standing out right now is because of the huge discrepancy between your arrogance and your work. You talk a big game but you've got absolutely nothing to back it up at the moment. You might think it's new and original and groundbreaking, but there's a reason it reminds me of the 1980s. You're definitely doing stuff that no one else is doing, but mostly because we all stopped doing it 20 years ago.

You might think it's new and original and groundbreaking, but there's a reason it reminds me of the 1980s. You're definitely doing stuff that no one else is doing, but mostly because we all stopped doing it 20 years ago.
Hard to believe, but the 1980s were 30 years ago... :cold:

Very well. I will give you your opportunity then, lets see you back up your claims. I demand to see someone on this site who incorporates a military hussar jacket with a feathered fan whilst commanding an age old army, can't do it? Ok, lets see someone who incorporates a sextant with false grey sideburns and a ponytail. Ahh can't do it.
Aye... you've bested me. I certainly can't produce either of those images (nor would I want to).

Right, well lets establish something. The photos i've created do not exist ANYWHERE else in the world never mind on this forum, do you not understand what vanilla actually means? It means the same old mass produced boring photos that we see all over the place all the time.
Perhaps that's what vanilla means to you...

When I joined that other forum the members said they had never seen anything like it
And when the first journalists got into My Lai, they said the same thing. That didn't mean that it was a good thing!

I'm curious - do you even know what a Hussar is, or the purpose of a sextant?

You might think it's new and original and groundbreaking, but there's a reason it reminds me of the 1980s. You're definitely doing stuff that no one else is doing, but mostly because we all stopped doing it 20 years ago.
That's enough out of you! :irked:

I miss the 80s. Good times. Good times
things were simpler in the 80's

Some of us kept it alive for a few years extra ;)

I miss the 80s. Good times. Good times

Except the hair. The hair was bad. Not mine, though ;)

i still have jean jackets, somewhere...

i still have jean jackets, somewhere...

Sweet, It's about time for them to make a come back.
I even had "guns and roses" and "metallica " on a couple of mine back then. . shh. Don't tell anyone...

oh, not forget. How ecstatic i was to have the pink floyd prism. Huge pink floyd fan for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back