Proof Album

Lally0724

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, where do you get your albums from to give your proofs to your bride & groom? I am looking for either black or white albums that hold 4x6 prints. I'm willing to spend about $40 on the album. I want it to look nice, but not cost a fortune.
Thanks for your help,
Lally

I'm not using CD's at the moment, I like the idea of the bride and groom having something to take with them. I think it's much nicer for them to pass around an album for people to look at, then for everyone to gather around the computer, or the television. Just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to one.

Lally

I began printing my own proofs a year ago. I don't know if this is a smart way to go, but it works for me with low volumn (6-8 weddings a year).

I print on 8 1/2 x 11, four images on a page, two sided on Epson mat paper. I then design a cover and bind all with wire binding.

I don't know how good of quality you can expect with the $40 budget. How many prints in the album?

-Pete

We got ours at hobby lobby. They are little mini albums. We put the price list and company card on the inside. All print pages are numbered for their order.

Christie the $40 is just for the photo album, not for the prints. I have my proofs printed at the lab I use, they are of excellent quality. I am just looking for a nice album to display them in.
Lally

Since I use medium format, 5x5 proofs are like $0.50 each. I bought a few black leather bound 5x7 albums for $18 each at Aaron Bros. They work great. They have a window in the front, and I usually type up the client name, and date of the shoot to display. I have each page numbered to make it easy for the client to select images.

Lally0724 said:
Christie the $40 is just for the photo album, not for the prints.

I pretty much figured that's what you meant. The proof books I use are billed separately for the cover and the inserts. I wondered how many prints you need to put into the book. Some proof book covers cost more than $40 without a single insert.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back