voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I learned of this piece when I was taking violin lessons as a lad. My violin teacher at the time had a copy of this but it was handwritten. Two parts are on one sheet of music. The first player reads normally.. the second reads it upside down. Years later, I found the music online (still have the handwritten version somewhere). Yesterday Mitica100 and I recorded this piece.

This is what the music looks like:

spiegel.gif

and sounds like:

That's incredible! Y'all sound great, and the composition itself is baffling.

Good job, both of you--or, all three of you! LOL

This is going in my library, if you don't mind?

Someone once noted that if we were contacted by an alien society, we should play them some Bach, so that they would know we are intelligent. Next, we should play some Beethoven, so they will understand that we have emotions. Then, finally, we should play some Mozart to prove beyond any doubt that we are truly civilized.

then we should play them some Hanson (MmmBop)... to prove that we must have a sense of humour

seriously though, nice peice of music Voodoo

Bravo, nicely done! AND it stopped Evelyn's crying for 2 minutes and 10 seconds, THANK YOU!

Is that Howard Hanson of the Rochester School of Music? I did not know that he was noted for a sense of humor.

Alison said:
Bravo, nicely done! AND it stopped Evelyn's crying for 2 minutes and 10 seconds, THANK YOU!
My pleasure!

Noah was doing the running man to it earlier today :lol:

JamesD said:
This is going in my library, if you don't mind?
Go for it! Spread it if you want :)

Okay guys, I tried other classical music (from XM) but she only seems to like your violins (stops crying - she's teething - and tapping her feet and swaying with her arms) ... so any fast paced violin music you can recommend? Right now I have it on repeat ... :mrgreen:

JohnMF said:
then we should play them some Hanson (MmmBop)... to prove that we must have a sense of humour

seriously though, nice peice of music Voodoo

That cracked me up.

and ditto on the nice work, sounds great!

Cool. :thumbup:

If you guys are in to making some dough from this, consider starting a royalty free music site - something akin to MusicBakery.com.

You guys are great!! :cheer: I would have loved to see you playing this together. Next time, we want video, too! :thumbup:

A truly amazing piece of music. You did it justice. :love:

So, who was the upside-down guy?? ;)

terri said:
You guys are great!! :cheer: I would have loved to see you playing this together. Next time, we want video, too! :thumbup:

A truly amazing piece of music. You did it justice. :love:

So, who was the upside-down guy?? ;)
That would be Dimitri

Most reactions

Back