proof sheets? Do Digital shooter use them?

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just thinking if anyone that shot digital used proof sheets. I know it may not seem necessary when you just click a few times with your mouse and see what you got, but does any on make a proof sheet print to select shots or show to a client, or do you just view them on a computer? Will the proof sheet soon become a relic of the past, or are they still useful in the digital domain?

Plenty of photographers still use digital proof sheets - although I believe the norm is switching to online galleries. Adobe has a batch action that does a great job aligning them, which can be sent to a printer and bound (apparently clients love these types of proofbooks, they are of mediocre quality but they are quick to make and the clients can start showing them off quickly and get their orders in early :)

Good to hear, personally I like to look at physical photos, and find a proof sheet very useful for side by side comparisons, but so often now it seems like- "just check out my website...", Its not the same, but both methods seem to have there place. Glad that the proof sheet is live and well.

I still like to use proof sheets for the few clients i shoot for. It's easy to go threw all their shots at the same time and do easy comparisons. But Adobe's Lightroom program has some great layouts i could easily switch to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back