proof sites

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by ahphotography, Nov 8, 2007.

1. ahphotography

ahphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    hey all - i'm about to expand the business! i've got a flash site i'm in the midst of creating - new printed materials to come - a whole new "coat of paint". i've been looking for a good company that i can post proofs and then sale them while they are there. this company doesn't have to do the printing, i've already got that in line... but i need a company that will protect my photos, showcase them well - all while making me some cash. you know a few steps above shutterfly :er:... have you heard of instaproofs.com? they take 15% for the holding of files and transactions. they kind of have what i'm going for but wanted to know what you thought and if you knew of better...

your input is valued. :)

2. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Do you use PhotoShop? If so, it can make webpages based on whatever images you want. All you'll need to do is have a place to host them on the web, which is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than 15%. For example, with my host, I created a file called "portraits". Then, I create a folder in that for each client. This is where I'll upload the files PhotoShop creates. I then send the link to that folder to my clients or they can look at it when they come in. I name each picture with a number, to make it easy for ordering. You can see an example here:
    http://wildmaven.org/portraits/11nicole

That is only one of many templates you can choose in Photoshop, some of them are even Flash (which I don't use, because a lot of my clients don't have Flash).

Marian

3. ahphotography

ahphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thats a lot of good info, Marian - I do use Photoshop and I know how to make a gallery like you have. I'll look in to doing that. Thank you very much!