Proofing

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can somone shed some light on proofing software for me?

I am looking for a peice of software that will allow me to browse through a particular set of images and mark the ones I like for further review/editing.

Rawshooter does it very well for raw images but I am looking for something that will handle jpeg images.

Anyone got a good solution?

Thanks,

Hey thanks for the speedy reply, thats a little on the expensive side for my budget at the moment but I very much appreciate the quick response.

Thanks,

Aperture, Bridge, Lightroom are the first things that come to mind.

hehehe well it is definetly within the budget and I do on occasion use it for some browsing and stuff, but it is a little underpowered for the use I am looking for.

ok just a quick update. I tried out Lightroom and DAMN this is EXACLTY what I was looking for. I made it through 369 shots of a photoshoot in under an hour from the point of taking them out of the camera, to having ready to edit proofs to do finishing touches on in photoshop.

Lightroom is definetly not good for detailed editing but for quick proofing, general exposure, and color balancing it is the shiznit!!!!

ok just a quick update. I tried out Lightroom and DAMN this is EXACLTY what I was looking for. I made it through 369 shots of a photoshoot in under an hour from the point of taking them out of the camera, to having ready to edit proofs to do finishing touches on in photoshop.

Lightroom is definetly not good for detailed editing but for quick proofing, general exposure, and color balancing it is the shiznit!!!!

I agree 100%! I tried the Lightroom beta and now I want it. I'll have to save up. I just got a laptop so I can't justify another expense to my dh just yet...

I have a real problem with contact sheets (which I like to have on hand for organization purposes). I like to take lots of vertical shots and they look funny when put on a contact sheet with horizontals. How do you deal with that? Make them appear horizontal on the sheet or put them on their own separate sheets?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back