AlexGray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
editthese007.jpg

editthese009.jpg

dab.jpg

Got the d90, had to do it! No PP to any except turning the last one monochrome.

Please reduce the size of the image before you imbed them in your post. This is so members on dialup don't have to wait to long for the images to load. 800 X 600 would be a good size to reduce them to.

#1 - When shooting pets it's good to get down to their level instead of shooting down on them. Focus on the eyes. This image is out-of-focus or suffering from motion blur. Might want to shoot with a wider aperture to get the shutter speed up a little.

#2 - Focus is on the nose instead of the eyes. Looks like there is some motion blur in this image too. Open up the aperture and get the shutter speed up a bit, maybe 1/160.

#3 - On-camera pop-up flash is giving you that hard shadow on your subjects face. Not sure if that's distortion going on around the face but at a focal length of 157mm there shouldn't be any.

Please reduce the size of the image before you imbed them in your post. This is so members on dialup don't have to wait to long for the images to load. 800 X 600 would be a good size to reduce them to.

#1 - When shooting pets it's good to get down to their level instead of shooting down on them. Focus on the eyes. This image is out-of-focus or suffering from motion blur. Might want to shoot with a wider aperture to get the shutter speed up a little.

#2 - Focus is on the nose instead of the eyes. Looks like there is some motion blur in this image too. Open up the aperture and get the shutter speed up a bit, maybe 1/160.

#3 - On-camera pop-up flash is giving you that hard shadow on your subjects face. Not sure if that's distortion going on around the face but at a focal length of 157mm there shouldn't be any.
Will do next time as to the photo size. And i had the camera set too
M 1/100 F8 iso 250 @ 105mm and F9 for the second. As for the B&W yes, i was using pop up flash. Eh, im still learning alright! haha thank you though. What should i do about the last one and the pop up flash?

Settings for the last were 1/125 F6.3 iso 320 @ 105mm

EDIT: I kinda like the shadow, shows the weathering?

Not sure if that's distortion going on around the face but at a focal length of 157mm there shouldn't be any.
Settings for the last were 1/125 F6.3 iso 320 @ 105mm
Oops...I was looking at the wrong thing in Opanda iExif...I was looking at the "Focal Length In 35mm Film" conversion instead of the regular focal length info.

really? the shadows dont show weathering at all... the wrinkles on the skin do, but the shadow being cast by the glasses does not show weathering, it shows "i've used a pop up flash which creates harsh shadows"

i can honestly say thats the first time i've read the sentence "i kinda like the shadow"

really? the shadows dont show weathering at all... the wrinkles on the skin do, but the shadow being cast by the glasses does not show weathering, it shows "i've used a pop up flash which creates harsh shadows"

i can honestly say thats the first time i've read the sentence "i kinda like the shadow"

+1

Hey, if I started an Anti-Popup Flash League, how many of you would join? :p

+1

MEMEMEME!!!! I don't have a clue as to why cameras are built with them. I NEVER use my flash. I refuse!

+1

MEMEMEME!!!! I don't have a clue as to why cameras are built with them. I NEVER use my flash. I refuse!

Well, the skin is like baggy there, so i thought that made it stand out.

Say Alex,

Dude, read this about how to post pictures here at TPF. The forum requests your images be sized no longer than 800 pixels on the long side. You're eating up bandwidth un-nessessarily by posting huge images.

Thanks! :thumbup:

That sticky I linked to is at the top of the Beginners Forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back