Pros don't use crop bodies

This post is aimed squarely at the yuppie(judges all things by cost) wannabe taken as a pro photographer...of which there seems to be one or two in this thread. If a PRO does not have the equipment they feel necessary for a given job they RENT it. The wannabes go out and put there entire bankroll on very expensive gear they will probably never need, but which they can hold up as proof of their superiority over others who are actually working, successful pros. These people fool only other fools. NO successful and profitable contractor owns high-end specialty equipment that they only use occasionally...they rent and lease. It's called money management, it is how they stay in business.

Want to impress me? Go out and land a high paying gig, rent the extra gear you may need, produce a high quality product, and pocket the profits. Want to make me fall down laughing? Go out and max your credit on top end gear then hang your shingle proclaiming you are a professional.

All this "pro" talk reminds me of talking about losing your virginity in high school. Everyone pretended to know what it was like but no one actually knew.

This post is aimed squarely at the yuppie(judges all things by cost) wannabe taken as a pro photographer...of which there seems to be one or two in this thread. If a PRO does not have the equipment they feel necessary for a given job they RENT it. The wannabes go out and put there entire bankroll on very expensive gear they will probably never need, but which they can hold up as proof of their superiority over others who are actually working, successful pros. These people fool only other fools. NO successful and profitable contractor owns high-end specialty equipment that they only use occasionally...they rent and lease. It's called money management, it is how they stay in business.

Want to impress me? Go out and land a high paying gig, rent the extra gear you may need, produce a high quality product, and pocket the profits. Want to make me fall down laughing? Go out and max your credit on top end gear then hang your shingle proclaiming you are a professional.

That's the single best, and by far the most accurate, post in this entire thread.

this makes sense. Except how does a photographer only use a camera occasionally when they are a photographer. :bouncingsmileys:

All this "pro" talk reminds me of talking about losing your virginity in high school. Everyone pretended to know what it was like but no one actually knew.

Damn, that's funny.

LOL!

This is how it's done in the video world. Any equipment that is purchased is payed for by charging clients a "rental" fee. This fee covers the purchase an future replacement of any purchased equipment.

Everything else is rented.

That's the single best, and by far the most accurate, post in this entire thread.
he is just a yuppie hater. And since half the enthusiasts that can blow ten k on camera equipment and not make money at it are yuppies that is a huge percentage of the photographic community. Even some of the soccer moms are sporting 4k in gear.

And while said soccer mom with her 4K gear is on the sideline, standing up. I have my 7D and 70-200mm f/4 and monopod sitting on the ground on the end line getting the shot of her kid with a lot cleaner background composition.

he is just a yuppie hater. And since half the enthusiasts that can blow ten k on camera equipment and not make money at it are yuppies that is a huge percentage of the photographic community. Even some of the soccer moms are sporting 4k in gear.

Big difference between an enthusiast and working "pro".

Bored housewife with disposable income is not a "pro".

Big difference between an enthusiast and working "pro".

Bored housewife with disposable income is not a "pro".
but she took photos of her neighbors kids for 20 bucks. I dunno... The line here seems very vague.

And while said soccer mom with her 4K gear is on the sideline, standing up. I have my 7D and 70-200mm f/4 and monopod sitting on the ground on the end line getting the shot of her kid with a lot cleaner background composition.
Maybe. Maybe not. I can't slam the soccer moms, some (some)may be quite good. Just like i wouldn't put all mwacs and dwacs in the same basket. :bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

Back